Started by lastvautour, September 20, 2019, 07:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Slowly coming together.

Lou

buccfan

Getting there Lou. Regards Paul J.

Gearup

It's always nice to start with a clean slate.
Fraser

lastvautour

I have three walls covered in shelves and all the boxes in the middle. So far my tempered class shelves survived unharmed. I can't start opening the boxes until I find my glues to repair what damaged the move may have caused. I anticipate the models will be on display before Christmas.

Lou

lastvautour

Shelves up and library set up. Workshop is also coming along. Now all I need is to find my modelling tools!

Lou

Photo 1  Library
Photo 2  Collection
Photo 3  1/48 Plastic collection
Photo 4  1/72 Plastic collection
Photo 5  Solid wood collection all scales
No photo yet - 1/144 Scale plastic, 1/144 solid wood, 1/72 ID Plus and my Navy.

Gearup

It looks like a daunting task at hand. Nice to have a clean startup I'm sure,
Fraser

buccfan

Still a way to go Lou. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

I started taking model out of the boxes. The solid made out OK but the plastic collection has some damages. The good thing is that everything is repairable.

Lou

Boomerang

Neat and Organised as always.

Gordon

lastvautour

Moving along.

Gearup

Just curious. What is your most traveled model in the collection?
Fraser

lastvautour

The oldest model is a flight of fancy started in the early 1960s and completed in 2009.

Lou

Gearup

Wow! Thanks for sharing that.
Regards
Fraser

lastvautour

Solid all unpacked with exception of my navy. Missing from the photo are the 1/24 scale (6) and my 1/32 F-104 and Mig 21 prototype. The ships are screwed to cardboard and then glued to the inside of the box. They travel very well in this fashion. Damage to the solids was minimal with a few antennae and props which have been all repaired. Now the plastic collection did not fair out as well.

Lou

Gearup

That is an impressive collection Lou!  Your method of shipping the navy is a great idea and eliminates the damage caused by packing materials.
Regards,
Fraser