• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

SMM Web Site Fund Raising for Web Hosting renewal

Started by Oceaneer99, February 25, 2015, 11:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Hello, Solid Model Memories members,

It is once again time to raise funds to host the SMM web site for another 3 years.  We need a total of $250 ($US) by November 1, 2015 to renew for another 3 years with the web hosting company.  A 3-year renewal gives us the best monthly rate.

We are so thankful to the members who helped fund the web site over the past 6 years.  In 2009, 8 members donated between $15 and $60, and in 2012, 9 members donated between $10 and $55.  If more members step up to donate even a little, it lessens the load on everyone.  Ray, our founder, has traditionally donated up to $60, which is a great deal given his fixed income status.  He has told me that he is unable to donate this year due to higher medical costs and asks that you consider donating this year to help keep Solid Model Memories alive.

To donate, please use the "donate" button on the main SMM web site at:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/

The donate button will take you to PayPal, which handles the actual transaction.  That way, you can donate in your local currency.  You do not need a PayPal account to donate; you can use any credit card.

The web hosting not only keeps the forum alive for our discussions of models and techniques, but also hosts the plans archive, which has become a well-know Internet resource.  Your donation helps to keep this bit of history alive for everyone, worldwide.  We do not charge for access to the plans and drawings, as we intend them to be a public service of Solid Model Memories.

Thank you to all who donate monetarily.  We are also thankful for the plans, stories, photos, and other non-monetary contributions that all of you provide.

With gratitude,
Garet
SMM Site Administrator

Oceaneer99

Thank you to the 7 members who have donated already! Your response is inspiring.  We are already half-way to our $250 goal.

You all are amazing!

Garet

cliff strachan

Hi Garet, I would like to make a contribution but Paypal is reluctant to  accept my sign in Password. Perhaps you could suggest an alternative.

Cliff.

Oceaneer99

Cliff, having forgotten my paypal password myself, there is a "?" symbol in the password box that helps you if you have forgotten your paypal password.

The other option is that when you get to PayPal's donation page, you can select the option "Don't have a PayPal account? Continue" and it will let you use a credit card without going through your PayPal account.

Let me know if you have any other difficulties.

Thank you for donating!

Garet