• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Testing Video Link

Started by lastvautour, October 20, 2013, 08:01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Here goes nothing.
Lou

Balsabasher

Lou I think you are onto something here,just think if we could upload a few videos onto Yutube building solid models how much interest it would create,did you take this with your ordinary digital camera ? I notice mine has a setting for video,I think it is a wonderful idea if it could be mastered,plenty do so it cannot be rocket science !

Barry.

lastvautour

All digital cameras can take video however the files are big. Unfortunately the SMM site does not support them so they must be uploaded to a friendly site and then linked. I use Photobucket and it works well. Now what is need is to give some thought before starting to video tape. I just threw that together to see if I could do it. My son has a website that might suit us and he is also on You Tube. He may be able to help me with the camera part.

Lou

Peter

Hi Lou,

I just opened it at work on my IPhone it worked great!

Peter

lastvautour

Barry, your video links work well from the tip/technique section of SMM. Funny thing however, when you post, your British accent never comes through.

Lou

Balsabasher

Thank you Peter and Lou for confirming that at least its working,this has got some exciting possibilities for the future.
Barry.

lastvautour

Made a combo of stills and moving pictures into a video. I will upload tomorrow and post to the Hampden build. This new to me and very exciting. I don't quite know where this will take me but it has great potential for advertising SMM.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou would you mind sharing with us how you do these please ? you are obviously using some software to get the excellent results,can you please tell me these things-1/ Are you using a dedicated video camera now ? 2/ What is the name of the software you are using and B/ where is it located ? ie is it from the internet or from some video making package.

I want to expand on my own video making but want to take pictures/video and patch them in like your latest efforts,otherwise its just too restrictive on what can be shown in one take.

looking at the many amateur efforts on Yotube there must be ways of equalling their results,my personal aim is to get some material onto there so the world can see what we are up to and I bet there must be other potential solid modellers out there.

Thank you,Barry.

lastvautour

The program is imbedded in Windows 7 and is called movie maker. It is simple but effective.  My workshop PC has XP so I will check if there is a comparable problem hidden in there. I did not know about this movie maker until my son pointed it out to me. I guess one should take the tour of the PC when it is offered.

Lou

lastvautour

Barry, just finished playing with my XP PC and it too has a Movie Maker program, Select start, select all programs and on that list should be a program called Movie Maker. I don't know if you can save in various formats, but Windows & allows to download for flickr upload which compresses the file and speed up upload as well as giving you a longer running video. If I find time, I will play with it if you wish or maybe you would rather find out for yourself?

Lou

Balsabasher

Found it Lou ! thank you,will give it a whirl and experiment.
Barry.