Average posts per day:    4.85
Average topics per day:    0.59
Total Boards:    55
Latest Member:    Charlie
Average online per day:    12.05
Male to Female Ratio:    1:0
Average page views per day:    712.52

Gallery Stats;

5,178 files in 275 albums and 16 categories with 700 comments viewed 533,355 times

We passed the Half Million Views mark last month!  ;D  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Balsabasher

Well May has arrived at last,here in the UK we can witness the beautiful trees in full bloom plus the flowers pushing themselves to the surface, and some decent weather at long last as it has been a hard winter,now the chips fly outside where they are much easier to sweep up but the winter sanding has left a veil of dust upon everything in my cherished workshop,it comes as part of the joy of creating wooden models,but hey what is a bit of dust between friends !

My attentions are drawn between my one to one Tawney Owl and various solids on the go in different stages of construction and finish,I am still plodding on with the detail hand painting of several models in order to get them to the finished stage and into the respective album set up by Lou,the paintshop detail scene looks like this with pots of paint alongside the various models in readiness-
Miles Gemini
Fairey Primer ( Tipsy M )
Tipsy Monoplane
Fiat CR.30
BA Eagle
BE2C
RE8
Vickers Bullet

The Long distance cook up subject the little Comper Swift has progressed to the assembly stage and had its first coat of primer in the past few days,now the task of applying its scarlet paint scheme is before me.

Template packs are in readiness for a Chrislea Super Ace,Bell Airacobra and the Heath Parasol commission,I do not normally do any commissions as building my own models is priority and labour intensive enough but this one is a special subject for a special friend,even then I will make two one for my own collection.

Thats about it then for the moment,lots of projects planned in the wings but more next time on those.

Barry.

lastvautour

Little going on these days. Working on the Argus and the Mitchell. Completed the F-100C this evening.

The attached photo is a 1/144 scale model in a 1/48 setting making the 1/144 scale model come out to be 1/4 scale. With the new RC engines these days, this is feasible.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou it looks a if your crew have been busy building a large scale model in the hangar ! here they are getting the F-100 ready for a first flight,either way it is a great picture of a lovely model.
Barry.

lastvautour

Boomerang

Greetings All

I've been a bit tardy in updating on the pings.
     I've discovered bass wood and love it.
     Been watching with interest the various tutorials and tips with regard to wheels, fabric wings etc.., and the fantastic results.
     Several projects are in train and progressing slowly (work and other things take a bit out of time available).

Projects are:-
      -  WW1 cookup (3 x  1/32) I'll post pics when they are further along on the production line.
      -  Long distance cookup - 1/48th with an Australian flavour. Have the necessary drawing.Just got to chase down the colour scheme
      -  1/48th CAC -15
      -  1/48th Heston Racer
      -  1/48th   Delanne 20T

Cheers
       Gordon

lastvautour

I counted 38 completed SMM projects for 2011. I have a few in the mill but not as many as last year. Barry will have to make up the difference to come up with a greater number than last year.

Lou

dave_t

I just took a look at last year's. We had 36 completed on July 18th, so we are actually ahead.

lastvautour

I need to make a progress chart showing previous years. That will come much later. I await the arrival of my grass sweeper hopper thingy so I no longer have to rake. The grass grew so fast and tall it will not mulch. As to carving, I am still procrastinating with the Argus and Yukon and started 3 new ones. Four if you count my next fictional aircraft. My son the author wrote some illustrated learning books for kids and one has Jen's (my daughter) Jet.

Lou
http://www.eltkorea.com/books/phonics/default.asp?mcode=12&inc=6 
4th from the right is Jen's Jet.

dave_t

Is this what you are going to build? It looks a bit like an F-22. Can't wait to see it.
How is your Pinewood Derby project? I have an idea for one.

http://eshopmall.suksuk.co.kr/mall_img/product/2011/20005646.jpg

lastvautour

It has that F-22 look to it but just a single tail. I have a copy of the book and it shows it off a bit better. I was thinking maybe the new Chinese trainer.

Neither one really fit, but that is starting point.

Lou

Balsabasher

Your son is certainly a clever chap Lou,those books look really effective learning tools and I love the illustrations as well,you could make a solid of that jet in the vein of a cartoon subject with those lovely colours as well.
Barry.

lastvautour

I started one but it did not work out. I want to finish my Savage before going on to this.

Lou