• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

February 2011 Ping

Started by lastvautour, February 08, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

Undoubtedly neat. But Pete you really must tell us how you attached the wings while at the same time allowing them to rotate. And also what was the source of your plans?
Cliff.

lastvautour

The Hudson has been repaired and returned to it's resting place. The port engine no longer droops. I did not refurbish the paint scheme as I had originally said.

Balsabasher

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/ES1_I.JPG

I have added a few pictures to the gallery of the Vickers ES1 Bullet and my initial start on the BE2C.

Barry.

Balsabasher

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/10005/BE2C_FUSE_2.JPG

The BE2C is coming along nicely,a subject with lots of character to it,more pictures in the gallery added tonight.
Barry.

Will

Quote from: Balsabasher on February 15, 2011, 12:58:21 AM
The BE2C is coming along nicely,a subject with lots of character to it,more pictures in the gallery added tonight.
Barry.

Barry, your "Quirk" is coming along nicely.  It looks big, is it 1/24?

I see you're going for a late model with curved fin and normal undercarriage - I prefer the earlier ones with skids and triangle fin, though that's due to watching "Wings" when I was a kid - I've just finished rewatching the whole lot on DVD and notice the BE2C's are a bit of a dog's breakfast of 2a and 2c, to match the flying one converted from a Moth I guess.  Watching the whole lot its interesting to see that the ground running replicas get realistically more tired by the end of the second series, the empennage flops all over the place as they're taxying!!!

I hesitate to criticise but your model seems to only have 3 cylinders each side of the nose, but I think BE2s usually had a V8 (Renault or RAF 1a)?

Will

Balsabasher

Quote from: Will on February 15, 2011, 01:34:53 PM
Quote from: Balsabasher on February 15, 2011, 12:58:21 AM
Barry.

Barry, your "Quirk" is coming along nicely.  It looks big, is it 1/24?

I see you're going for a late model with curved fin and normal undercarriage - I prefer the earlier ones with skids and triangle fin, though that's due to watching "Wings" when I was a kid - I've just finished rewatching the whole lot on DVD and notice the BE2C's are a bit of a dog's breakfast of 2a and 2c, to match the flying one converted from a Moth I guess.  Watching the whole lot its interesting to see that the ground running replicas get realistically more tired by the end of the second series, the empennage flops all over the place as they're taxying!!!

I hesitate to criticise but your model seems to only have 3 cylinders each side of the nose, but I think BE2s usually had a V8 (Renault or RAF 1a)?

Will

Will it is to 1=20th scale,I intend to do the version that you mention also in the future to the same constructional ideas as incorporated into this one,it sure is a quaint machine to model with that enormous tailplane !

Those replicas were built by Dave Boddington and the flying now fully restored BE2A/C is almost finished awaiting its test flight at Sywell airfield in the UK.
The hard working taxying examples were made from any available material around and did the job intended of them,as you say they got a bit floppy in the later stages of the filming.

My BE2C has one of the rare 3 cylinder RAF engines,well spotted,I put that in so you could detect the difference,I need to make a small scoop to fit above the block and fashion those huge exhaust chimneys.

Build one Will you will get a real buzz from this old lady,coming soon is an RE8 as well.
Barry.