Average posts per day: 4.27
Average topics per day: 0.59
Total Boards: 51
Latest Member: LARRY BAKER
Average online per day: 11.71
Male to Female Ratio: 1:0
Average page views per day: 653.67

Gallery Activity

4,251 files in 261 albums and 16 categories with 623 comments viewed 330,416 times

lastvautour

October was productive. I have sidelined my Yukon and Argus projects and will concentrate on some smaller models. So far I have started a 1/72 scale Spitfire using the USN recognition program plans in a group build with Peter. The plans is printed, cut and glued to the wood being used. Follow along in the group build if you wish at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=635.0
A BAe Hawk Airtoon has been sanded and primed. Just need a boot in the rear to paint and decal and then box as a gift.

Although not mentioned in the October ping, a new hangar was made to photograph 1/48 scale models. it is quite a bit bigger than the old one and has no top and access from the sides.

Ken Pugh

Fireball XL5 is done.  See my project page.

Started on Christmas cook-up.  I am building two P-47 Thunderbolt razorbacks, one as a gift and one for me.

Started a 1/8 scale Thunderbolt Curtiss propeller for my pastor.  He acquired a partially built RC P-47 and wants a detailed prop for it.

Ken Pugh

R.F.Bennett

Happy B-Day to the US Marine Corps And Happy Veterans Day to all who have served.  ;D
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Less we forget, to all who honour Remembrance Day.

Lou

lastvautour

A time for fixing thing that went awry. The port engine/nacelle was low by at least 15 degree. over the starboard one. Now is the perfect time to sort that out. I used the band saw to cut it off, the belt sander to till it up and gorila glue to secure it. Now a bit of time to let things really set and then slivers of wood to build up the top of the nacelle, lots of putty and lots of sanding.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

I've been a bit busy with work and related issues but have been checking in occasionally.
   In summary:-

XP-55 :-   Deemed as finished. Pictures added to gallery.

Supermarine Type 224 :- Waiting decals , windscreen and tail skid. I've followed the discussion with    regard to decals and have made up a set for the 224 and another project that is at the cut out stage. I used the decal set from an old Lindberg Fury kit as a template for the right size.Just need to print them off and see what the result is. Dry run on paper seems promising.

Miles M20/2 :- Waiting application of camouflage on upper surface and with the new found skill some home made decals. I need to rummage around in the kit pile to find some suitable templates.

WW1 Cook up.. I had been collecting plans and scaling them up to suit me when this was announced.Its a toss up between a Sopwith Triplane or the Dolphin. Lots of info around on Australian aces for both types.

Apologies for uploading the MAN plans in PDF. Still baby steps with the new scanner. If I upload any more I'll put them in JPEG.

Keep up the excellent work.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Very nice work Gordon. I will post to the model of the year section. My decals have come a long way. As I mentioned before, just wetting the back with a brush and placing on a wet paint tin cover work much better than dunking the entire decal.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

Happy Holidays Gents...
Don't forget to get those last minute projects posted by Dec 31 for the Model/Modeler of the year contest.
"The Dude Abides"