• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

September 2010 Ping

Started by lastvautour, September 01, 2010, 01:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:

4,167 files in 259 albums and 16 categories with 603 comments viewed 288,097 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members: 167
Total Posts: 4057
Total Topics: 507
Total Categories: 9
Users Online: 3
Most Online: 70 - August 29, 2009, 04:33:27 AM
Online Today: 8
Total page views: 644297
Average registrations per day: 0.27
Average posts per day: 4.32
Average topics per day: 0.61
Total Boards: 51
Latest Member: GRAHAM B
Average online per day: 11.79
Male to Female Ratio: 1:0
Average page views per day: 650.15

lastvautour

Had to Format C this morning and have not uploaded my MS Office suite hence no chart. However, currently on the bench:

1/144
- Nil
1/72
- Canadair Yukon fuse rough shape, wing blocked only, tail feathers rough shape, nacelles & props sanded
- Republic Thunderbolt, return to bench, reshaped and repainted. Partial decals printed
- NewDouglas SDB-3 recognition model blocked fuselage and tail feathers. Wings rough shape
1/48
- Canadair Argus nacelles being sanded and props test fitted. Rough sanding completed
1/32
- Sabre - I look at it every now and then
- CF-100 drawings enlarged and discarded twice. Tempted to enlarge the old fashion way.
1/24
- BAe Hawk Mk 1 still in waiting

Plastics- 1/48 UH-1D complete - four(4) 1/48 F-18s in paint shop

Looking at Tank drawings to do Ralstoy type 1/144 scale solid

Lou

Mark Braunlich

1/48 Caudron C.460:   All control surfaces scribed.  Working on cowling detail and trying to decide if I want landing gear (undercarriage, for those who speak the Queen's English) down or retracted.

1/72 Fairey IIID:  Pulled it out of its box to have a look at it and contemplate all the work needed to finish it.  Put it back in the box.

Mark

lastvautour

Great looking Caribou Pete. Your animal series aircraft is looking up.

lastvautour

Dave's Zestroyer gave me the itch to make another ID model. I will try to make it black at least for a picture or two. I chose the Douglas SDB and used the official plans from the ID model selection in our gallery. The only thing remaining is the cowling scoops and to indent the undercarriage doors into the bottom of the wing. Pictures to follow on completion.

Lou

dave_t

Quote from: lastvautour on September 08, 2010, 04:06:32 PM
I will try to make it black at least for a picture or two.

HaHa. Good one Lou. Just use black primer.

Ken Pugh

All components of XL5 are built and painting is underway.  Should be finished soon.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

My two Mariners are half painted. The P51 is one third painted. the two Hellcats remain completed as to construction. I guess that puts me about where I was a year ago!!!!

Solid models disadvantage seems to be that they do take long. I'm trying to take part in the monthly "Ping" so that at least some of our more prolific builders will also take part. That they at least come forth occasionally to comment and otherwise be part of this great group.

Cliff

Oceaneer99

No new model progress to report, though I did get some practice in, replacing part of my front porch railing.  It's been a busy summer, and we're trying to get in all the end-of-summer repairs and yard work before the rainy season starts.

Garet

lastvautour

Pete came to visit this week and he was envious of my work shop. I had a chance to see some of his bird carvings and appreciate his artistry. I am impressed.

Lou

dave_t

Garet, here is something for you to build after the porch railings are finished...http://www.britishpathe.com/record.php?id=38499