• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2009 Ping

Started by R.F.Bennett, December 01, 2009, 02:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R.F.Bennett

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:

3075 files in 209 albums and 16 categories with 442 comments viewed 171289 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members:     113
Total Posts:    2966
Total Topics:    393
Total Categories:    9
Users Online:    3
Most Online:    70 - August 29, 2009, 03:33:27 AM
Online Today:    12
Total page views:    472999

Average registrations per day:    0.22
Average posts per day:    4.35
Average topics per day:    0.62
Total Boards:    50
Latest Member:    Pete1616
Average online per day:    12.51
Male to Female Ratio:    1:0
Average page views per day:    659.69
"The Dude Abides"

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Wow, I've been busy with too much other stuff lately.
Volunteered to be a reserve soldier in out Air Force and have been very busy with training and exercises..

I have serious plans to start on some new projects lately:
Fw190 or a Hawker Hurricane

Will keep you guys updated if I make any progress  ;)

lastvautour

Ah yes, December. Love it.

Projects on the go include:
1/144 Scale
Heinkel P.1080 Fuselage, wings attached requiring only triming bottom of fuselage followed by sanding and painting. Wing span is a wopping 6.15cm.
HMCS Bonaventure island and mast coming along nicely
1/48 Scale
Argus moving slow. Shaping and sanding horizontal tail plane.
1/32 Scale
Bolingbroke enginre nacelles glued to wing and fuselage still requires shaping and sanding. Engines started and will be reported on in rotary engine group build.
Air-Toon - F-18 being done as Christmas group build.

Plastics
1/72 Corsair II and three BAe Hawks completed and photos place on flickr
1/144 B-58 started

Picture will be posted to projects board as time permits.

cliff strachan

Think I should provide an update of modelling activity.

I'm busy painting the following:
  P61 (started about 1946). Currently have a white base undercoat in preparation for the "glass work" - if it works out OK.

At same time white undercoat applied to CF101.

Silver airbrushed to bottom of two Martin Mariners.

Silver airbrushed to single coat both sides of B29

All so-so so far.

Cliff.

cliff strachan

In addition:
  Have P51 ready for paint (Shown on my board).

Two F6F's - part of cook up - ready for paint but definitely will be sometime next year.

Cliff.

dave_t

Was painting the cartoon Spitfire until airbrush or compressor problems emerged. No paint coming out of the nozzle. I have tried everything to resolve it, ordered some new airbrush parts.

Restarted (from about two years ago) a Ju-52 model in 1/100th scale using the ID plans. I now have a completely assembled plane except for the fiddly small parts. This is one of the more detailed models in the series including an exhaust ring made from twine.

Almost finished with a Dornier Do-18 flying boat in 1/100th, also from the ID plans. I only strayed from the drawing by adding a dorsal turret.

That's all for now.

dave_t

Spitfire in progress, until the airbrush quit working. Homemade decals will be applied eventually.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/albums/userpics/spitire-in-progress.jpg

lastvautour

That is some sharp Spitfire Dave. Pat yourself on the back for this one.

Lou

1.JaVA_LGorrit

R.F.Bennett

3001st post today! Yayyyyy!  ;D ::) :-* :-* :'(     :-[      :P
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Congratulations to all

Joe

Hi, All,

A somewhat delayed report...

The Project Board seems to be filling of late.  To wit:

(1) Stombecker B-17 Spotter Model restoration--tail section, engine nacelles, and turrets repaired; woodfiller applied and sanded; first coat of sanding sealer applied.

(2) Strombecker F-94 Christmas Cook-Up Project--woodfiller applied and sanded; two coats of sanding sealer applied and sanded.

(3) Strombecker F-86 restoration (second one)--model disassembled, sanded, and reassembled.

(4) "Shambecker" P-51 Spotter Model--This model is due to my inability to remove enough paint from the model to make it viable for a natural finish version.  The paint was just to deeply absorbed into the grain--especially the end grain--to be removed without damaging the model.  Thus, I have decided to make it a Spotter Model.  Since Strombecker did not market a P-61 Spotter Model, I have named it a "Shambecker" P-61 Spotter Model.

(5) I have sent several scans of plans of both Monogram balsa ship models and Stombecker ship models to Garet for inclusion in the Plans Gallery.  More are on the way.

Joe

Boomerang

Seasons greetings to All.

Update on whats been happening in the Antipodes.

Gloster VI - Deemed finished . And I like it. Couple of pics added to Gallery. Its currently in a   
               well padded box to give to my son for Christmas.I do have a drawing for the Short Crusader so
               in the gestation phase at the moment.

Cierva C25 - Deemed finished

XP-55 - Nothing much done since last report. Will aim to get fresh start on it in the New Year.

Suermarine Type 224 - Some small things to do but should be finished early in the New Year.

Miles M20/2 - Still a kit of parts.I built one of these from the old Aeromdeller drawings 
               back when I was a lad.

Hammond Y - Kit of parts

Its all been quite therauputic(?) really

Well done Dave. I see the results of your trips to your local library in the Gallery.

Excellent work by all.
              To you and yours a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the New Year.
              Cheers

Gordon

Ken Pugh

Monster Hellcat, done!

F-102 Delta Dagger, done!

Fireball XL-5, begging for attention.

Elephant, also wanting attention.

Ken Pugh

lastvautour

It was two nights before Christmas etc etc. progress report:
1/144 Scale
Heinkel P-1080 complete with decals. Building takeoff rig today. Photos later tonight.
1/72 Scale
Nil
1/48 Scale
Argus no progress
1/32 Scale
Beech 18 RCAF Expeditor painted except for de-icing booths on vertical tail planes. Will make decals today and apply decals before year end. Stand to hold craft glued but needs minor sanding and paint
Bolingbroke rough sanding overall. Will do fine sanding and start primer coat before year end. Anticipate Feb 2010 roll out

On the board or wish list for early new year
1/32 Scale Luscombe 2-A, Cessna 152 and Aeronca 7-AC

Wishing every one a very Merry Christmas

Lou