• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Posting pictures

Started by Ken Pugh, January 18, 2008, 10:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Pugh

I tried to imbed a picture in a post using the SMM galleries and the link it provided but it did not show up in the post.  I put the pic in another host and put that inside the img tags and it worked.  Is there something I'm missing about using our galleries to post in a message?

Ken Pugh

R.F.Bennett

You have the right idea you just need to find the right URL to enter. Go to the album page showing the image and it's information. Right click on the image and go to "Copy link location" or "Properties" to grab the link for the photo. Place that between the brackets. Below that place  a copy of the Blue "Image URL" text in a hyperlink (Picture of the Earth button) that will allow people to click it and go to the gallery page to make comments or view the full size image. I am setting up a step by step with captures but that will take a while. I hope this helps.
"The Dude Abides"

Ken Pugh

Got it.  I was assuming the link below the pic was the link for the pic.  When I check the properties I see that it is different.  Thanks, Ray.

Ken Pugh

davetunison

FYI- When post pictures to group albums, I am unable to edit information or delete them once they are uploaded.

lastvautour

Dave, only the administrators have those privileges.  If you need anything changed you must contact Ray or Garet.

Oceaneer99

Quote from: davetunison on February 18, 2008, 02:12:24 PM
FYI- When post pictures to group albums, I am unable to edit information or delete them once they are uploaded.

Dave,

I didn't realize that you couldn't edit your own image information! Though come to think of it, Lou has been asking me to change things for a while.  Lou usually leaves a comment with what he wants changed, and then sends me an e-mail.

I just checked the group settings, and we've given everyone as many privileges with group albums as the gallery system allows, so it looks like an administrator has to be in the loop for these types of changes. :-\

Garet

davetunison

Garet,
     That's okay, I didn't realize how it worked until today. I'll just make sure all the info is included before posting a picture.