Guess

Started by lastvautour, May 13, 2008, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Garet how are guess' counted

Oceaneer99

I'm not sure I understand the question? :-\

lastvautour

At the bottom of the page we see number of guess and members and total numbers today. When I last looked there were 17 guess and 3 user and a total for today of 20 which did not make any sense unless all viewers were all on line at the same time. When you select guess and see where they were, they all had different times so I found it confusing on trying to figure out if the 17 were all on line at once or distributed throughout the day.

Clark

I'm guessing  ;) here, but it looks like the number of guests withing the past half hour. You can tell by the list showing the time and page being viewed. My two cents anyway.

Oceaneer99

Lou,

Wow, you are observant.  I see what you mean now.  There is something odd about the counts.  I checked the current Guest IPs, and it appears that one user is being reported as four different IP addresses.  The forum for the Simple Machines Forum (the software this forum uses) says that many proxy servers will report different IP addresses.

So I agree that the counts seem odd, but I don't know how to figure out what they really show.

Garet

lastvautour

Just my idle brain doing its "Uncle Desiree" thing. I never met the man, but I am told that my great uncle Desiree had a very strange way of looking at life. I was often called (Uncle Desiree". I don't really know if they were passing on a compliment or ??????

R.F.Bennett

I just pay attention to the Number per day on the very bottom.
Welcome Clark,  ;D
"The Dude Abides"