• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

"New" image

Started by Ken Pugh, January 26, 2008, 04:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Pugh

Is it just me or does the "new" image within the forum not work.  All I see is a box with an "x" in it.  When I click on it, it does take me to the new post, but the image is not coming up.

Ken Pugh

Oceaneer99

According the the html, it is trying to load:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/Themes/default/images/english-utf8/new.gif

but there is no such directory.  There is /english/new.gif, and there is /english-british-utf8/new.gif. 

I'm not sure how to fix this, but that is the reason we are not seeing the "new" image:

Garet

R.F.Bennett

What "New" Image are you guys talking about?
"The Dude Abides"

Ken Pugh

Go up one level to the page where the topics are listed.  If there is new content, the "new" image placeholder is there but I don't see an image.  If I click on it, it takes me to the new post.  When I have read it and go back to the topic list, the placeholder for the "new" image is gone because there are no new unread messages.

Oceaneer99

Here's the fix:

Click on "Profile".  On the left side of the screen, there will be a "Modify Profile" section.  Click on "Account Related Settings".  Under "Preferred Language", select the other "English" (the one before "Chinese Traditional", or use "English British").  The "English" at the very top of the list is the one that doesn't have the proper icons.  Of course, if you prefer a different language, use that.

You will have to enter your password in the bottom box, "Current password", then click "Change Profile".

Garet

R.F.Bennett

Weird and strange but works for me...  ;D  :o
"The Dude Abides"