• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

For those who thought I'd disappeared completely...

Started by RyanShort1, December 27, 2008, 03:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanShort1

I really haven't done much of anything with wood of late, but was helping my sisters take care of some friends' children for the last few days and have had a blast building some stuff with them. The boats are some quickie kits from a craft store but the P-39 is off of plans from a book with some modifications to make it look just a bit more accurate. The black is a base coat that will hopefully protect the model some. We're going to put an acrylic paint coat on top in some camouflage markings. It won't be 100% accurate, but will make a few little boys very happy.
I'd forgotten how much fun it was to build stuff. Nice break from flight instructor studies

Ryan

lastvautour

Welcome back Ryan. It is nice to hear from you and see you are still active. I hope to see more of your P-39 in 2009 along with other projects. I am starting an email campaign of all our members. I won't have to "Ping" you unless we don't hear from you in the next 6 months.

Regardless how busy we are, we must always leave time for the kid in us.

Lou
Keep your blade sharp.

RyanShort1

Here's the current status. It's not an exact replica and the paint scheme is slightly fictitious (colors aren't quite right and I'm using some license for what I don't know) but I'm sure the boy who'll be getting it will be very happy.

Ryan

lastvautour