• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Solid Models Categories

Started by Rafael, October 20, 2008, 01:35:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rafael

I am a newborn to this solid-model stuff. And I'm loving every minute of it.

Of course, questions pop up constantly in my mind, and the one for today is about solid-model categories. I've stumbled several times with the term "ID Model", and If I understand correctly is a less than detailed model, serving identification purposes (I believe that's a training subject of air-defense syllabus)

Are there other Categories?

Rafa

lastvautour

I have not seen any specific catagories except ID model. Purhaps other have a better explanation. I consider my stuff to be "ID Plus" where I try to be accurate and strive for that elusive perfect finish. But alast, my camera work hides a lot of imperfection in the finish and accuracy. However, my greatest fun is in the dreaming, followed second by building and finishing and third in playing with & looking at them. I would find it hard to have to make an exact replica of anything. The pressure to finish a project the way someone else wants it would ruin my fun. The hobby is whatever you want to make it.

Rafael

Yes. "Build what you want, the way you want it", as a late great modeler used to say.
Yes, I agree with your view, Lou. And in the same order you enumerate. I see modeling as a hobby and as a way of having fun. My models are dreamed first, then built (and written stories about it), then go to the playing grounds, where the most fun comes when I want to repeat the process. Maybe is the creative energies stored and not used (or misused) in my line of work, or any other reason. Anyways, the results are the same: a refresing time at the bench and a lot of fun had.

Rafa