• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Douglas Skyknight started 3 Aug 2020 - Roll Out 19 Oct 2020

Started by lastvautour, August 03, 2020, 06:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New project started 3 Aug 2020. Blocks are cut to rough dimensions. This model is not part of the First Generation Jet cook-up.

Lou
PS I renumbered the image for security measures.

lastvautour

A second 1st generation jet from my bench. It was my intention to following up the 1/144 Douglas Skyknight with a 1/72 F3D.

Lou

lastvautour

Notching the wing/fuselage using a drill bit to score the removal section in the fuselage. The wing notch is done with a hobby knife.

Lou

lastvautour

All parts with exception of the engine exhaust deflectors are completed. Next is contouring of the parts.

Lou

lastvautour

Canopy and intakes sanded to shape. Wing is contoured.

Lou

lastvautour

The Skyknight received its first primer coats. Note the tail feathers are just resting on the fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

F3D Skyknight - White primer has dried on the and now awaits sanding before final assembly.

Lou

lastvautour

I applied three coats of semi-gloss white to the Skyknight. I will apply one more before letting it cure for a few days.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals are printed and coated. Now for additional painting before application. As usual extra parts are printed.

Lou

lastvautour

Masking for orange paint.

Lou

lastvautour

Masking removed and black areas painted.

Lou

lastvautour

National markings applied. Other decals inadvertently printed on white film rather than clear.

Lou 

lastvautour

Roll out occurred at 3:00 PM, 19 Oct 2020.

Lou

lastvautour

1/72 space is full. Need more shelves.

Lou

buccfan

Excellent work Lou, great work on the paint scheme and decals, top job.Regards Paul J.