• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/144 AN-26 Curl United Nations Transport Start 3 Aug 20 Completed 12 Sep 2020

Started by lastvautour, August 03, 2020, 06:04:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New project started 3 Aug 2020. Blocks are cut to rough dimensions.

Lou
PS I renumbered the image for security measures.

lastvautour

An 26 Curl has always been a favorite of mine since I photographed some in Goose Bay the winter of 1978/79.  Unfortunately I cannot find those slides. This Curl will be dressed up in white United Nations colours. Having the white background allows for printing on clear decal film that seems to work out better for me.

Lou

lastvautour

Nacelles had to be scraped and redone. Remainder is coming along.

Lou

lastvautour

An 26 is rough sanded except for the nacelles which are still in block form.

Lou

Gearup

Your technique of wing mounting works really well with the big fairings on top of that aircraft. DH Dash 8 and Q400 come to mind.
Fraser

lastvautour

It did cause problems at first but seems to be working out now. I was thinking of the Canadair water bomber also.

Lou

lastvautour

Two coats of primer and some more sanding is in order. I also have a few details to add. The undercarriage is basic but works well in this scale.  The great thing about the AN-26 is that there are no visible undercarriage doors.

Lou

lastvautour

Decals are printed but damp weather is holding back the clear gloss spray.

Lou

lastvautour

Roll out 12 Sep 2020. An enjoyable build.

Lou

lastvautour

My 1/144 scale United Nation fleet now numbers five.

Lou

buccfan

Another great build Lou, excellent decals, a growing fleet as you say, regards Paul J.

lastvautour

Gearup

All very nicely done. The theme of the UN models is quite unique. Also three DH products of note in the collection too! Hard to believe those are 144 scale.
Fraser

lastvautour

Thank you Fraser. I love these "Small Gems" and the scale is very forgiving. I have been thinking of another DH product, namely the Otter in UN colours.

Lou

Gearup