• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/72 Avon Sabre Mk 32 Started 1 Jul 2020 - Completed 1 Aug 2020

Started by lastvautour, July 01, 2020, 08:03:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Parts are cut and in rough block form. This will be an aerobatic bird from Australia.

Lou

lastvautour

Moving along to block form components. The red portion of the profile shows the difference between the Canadair and Avon fuselages. As far as I can see, the wings and tail feathers were not changed. Note that the Mk 32 has the 6-3 wing.

Lou

lastvautour

A second fuselage (furthest) was carved to replace the improperly carved canopy/fuselage join mating surfaces. I accidentally cut from my pine block for both the fuselage and the main wing hence the lighter coloured wood.

Lou

Boomerang

Looking good Lou.

I am going to collate all I have on the Avon and make one.

There are lots of colour schemes around .

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

You have a lot of aerobatic team colours for the Avon Sabre.

Lou

lastvautour

Canadair Sabre has first primer coat and Avon Sabre ready for assembly. Primer-filler is a new one that comes out dark gray nut needs many coats to cover. I am debating priming before gluing. Note the deeper forward fuselage and intake on the Avon Sabre.

Lou

lastvautour

Did some cut and paste plus some home made shapes to attain the needed decals.

Lou

PS One of the fin lashes will be printed backward followed by adding the lone 76 roundel.

buccfan

Looking good Lou, nice work on the decals. Regards Paul J.

lastvautour

When I grouped the images the reversed cat and starboard fin flash reverted to the original form. When I print it will come out OK. I think an outfit in Australia had the decal sheet for the Black Panthers and other teams as well.

Lou

lastvautour

Experimenting with various metal finishes, none that turn out right when photographed.

Lou

lastvautour

lastvautour

And then there were two.

Lou

PS Original post omitted the photo.

lastvautour

Everything is glued and has its first full primer coat. Now some light sanding, a final prime and the metallic finish. Decals are done but are yet to be printed

lastvautour

Final touch ups prior to painting.

Lou

Boomerang

Looking good Lou.

Still collating my info before staring my own.

Thinking of either " Marksmen" or 5 OCU  the tails where light blue.

Cheers

Gordon