• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/32 RCAF CT-134 Started 25 June 2020 Completed 13 September 2020

Started by lastvautour, June 27, 2020, 12:18:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Something a bit different for my 1/32 collection. I have an Ercoupe and will make a stablemate. Pictures to come shortly.

Lou

lastvautour

Thing do not get more basic than this. Source is a basswood plank purchased some time ago.

Lou

lastvautour

Even in 1/32 scale the Musketeer is not a big aircraft with a wing span of 12.28 inches. The image is on a legal size paper sheet.

Lou

lastvautour

Finally assign a bit of time (15 Minutes) by cutting the major components on the band saw.

Lou

lastvautour

Contour carving started. Somehow lost my vertical fin so another had to be fashioned in two pieces.

Lou

Gearup

How do you get such a crisp cut on the windshield to the cowl while retaining the windshield curves?

lastvautour

My method of carving canopies are here http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=234.0 and here http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1555.15

The Charger canopy is a closer fit to the Musketeer's windscreen.

Lou

Gearup

Thanks Lou. It was good to revisit that conversation.
Fraser

lastvautour

The upper fuselage has been sanded and the wing foil shaping started.

Lou

Boomerang

lastvautour

Vertical fin glued and fuselage sanded ready for primer. The wings require much sanding. Lower photos a must in shaping the fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

Undercarriage is copper wire with a wooden fairing. Paint has been purchased.

Lou

Gearup

Remarkable workmanship as usual Lou! Thanks for showing the paint supplies. How long do you wait for masking and is the finish sandable.
Fraser

lastvautour

I usually sand several coats of primer until most of the grain is gone followed by thick primer coat that needs to dry fully. I then add the lighter colour followed with the darker. I this case yellow will go on first. The black anti-glare and wing walk panel will be last.

Lou

Gearup