• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/48 Beech Queen Air Started 17 Apr 2020 - Revisited - Completed 11 Dec 2020

Started by lastvautour, April 17, 2020, 07:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

New beginning and full of hope this will be the best ever. I feel this way every time I reach this stage.

Lou

Boomerang

Substitute a pile of reference books with scale drawings and that's where I am at the moment.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Currently my other project requests have buried the DH2 Beaver per say.

lastvautour

I also have many buried projects, but then the old saying, too many models not enough time still stands true.

Lou

lastvautour

Tail feathers and main plane in block form. Fuselage within a day or two.

Lou

lastvautour

Fuselage is in block form and nacelle will be next. I have included a comparison shot of the Queen Air and the Twin Comanche. The Queen carries up to nine passengers while the Twin carry just four(my version).

Lou

Gearup

I understand the supercharged Lycoming engines were not the best for the aircraft. There was a sky diving operation in Alberta many years ago that used a queen air as a jump plane. Not the best idea to climb hard and then descend fast with that type of engine. Probably why it sat on the ground so much!

lastvautour

A bit more progress on the Queen Air.

Lou

Gearup

Your rate of progress always astounds me.  It is a nice looking aircraft. BTW, are you taking offers on the TP roll :D ?

lastvautour

Major part rough sanded and test fitted before gluing.

Lou

lastvautour

The nacelles are drying and the vertical fin is glued with a dowel running inside from the bottom of the fuselage.

Lou

lastvautour

The Queen is primed and ready for the white paint the next day the weather cooperated. The blue tape is temp. Engine disc are cut and need to be spun and scored.

Lou

PS Comparison shot with Twin Comanche.

buccfan

lastvautour

lastvautour

More of an ID type model akin to the Twin Comanche. Windows are home made decals.

Lou

PS Comparison shot with the Twin Comanche.