• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Current project status and a couple of paintings

Started by Boomerang, July 05, 2011, 02:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Following on from Barry's paintings.
  These are a couple that I did years ago. The gladiator was a result of "homework" for and arts course.
   I didn't feel like doing the theme so did this.
  The comic cover was done for my son who at the time was into "Commando"comics. ( I grew up with these and others as well).
  Both are framed and are in his house ( hence the flash spot).

Current status of various projects is with the exception of the CA-15.

Delanne 20T-- Finish off undercarriage, wing struts, propeller and then final paint.

Payen----   Finish off propellers and final painting

Heston Racer ---- at this stage deciding whether to do prop blades, or leave as is. decals have been made up but not printed. Masking on control surfaces is for a bit of experimentation in fabric covering effects
                            we shall see how this turns out.

Cheers

lastvautour

Nice selection of projects. Have you looked at twirler or prop blurs that Ken made. They make it seem like being in flight.

Lou

Balsabasher

Great subjects Boomerang,the Heston Napier racer is one that has appealed to me for a long time.
Barry.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Payen and Heston Completed and pictures posted. Got side tracked and put one in member plans.
       (Mia Culpa).  I don't think I have the power to remove it.
       Work proceeding slowly on Delanne and CA -15.
       Also posted a picture I found for the Irbitis I-16 which I think is Peter's Mystery model.

Cheers

Gordon

Balsabasher

Thats a cracking subject Boomerang,the Heston Napier racer is also one of those machines that although only one was ever built (and crashed incidently taking off on its first flight,well almost first flight ) it keeps re-appearing.
Some years ago an admirer of this beauty was hoping to build a replica of it,the only engine in the world that exists is in the College of Aeronautics at Cranfield,UK and they were going to overhaul it for the replica,sadly like a lot of these projects nothing became of it.
Barry.