• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Spotter/Observation Aircraft Cook-Up

Started by lastvautour, November 29, 2008, 11:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

Mitsubishi Ki-15 assembled.  Still haven't decided if I'm going to model the engine with individual cylinders and then make a cowl to fit over, or if I'll turn the engine and cowl as a single unit.

lastvautour

Excellent start to an interesting project.

Lou

lastvautour

The Cessna O-2B also belongs to this post due to it's being an observation aircraft when in military colours.
Parts have been cut and the undercarriage partially assembled. More to come.

Lou

lastvautour

Another completed project. The serial number 21469 is one provided by Garet.

lastvautour

One more to add to the list of observation aircraft is Dave's excellent Kingfisher.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4655

dave_t

Thanks Lou. Only one to go, the Curtiss Seagull, to complete the series of four Navy float planes.

Mark Braunlich

This not part of cookup but here are a couple of photos of a vintage pre-WW2 Skybirds L.V.G. C.V observation aircraft 1:72 model recently offered on ebay. 

dave_t

I saw a seller on eBay who carves basswood and balsa aircraft. He had over a hundred of them for about $15.00 to $25.00 each, they are painted and rather rustic, but he does have buyers.

Wasn't there some talk about a WWI cook-up?

lastvautour

Are you game once you have your naval force completed?

Lou

dave_t

Who me?

Yes. I think Ray wanted to narrow the subject a little (German, Fokker, fighters, 1:72 scale?). Anything WWI is okay with me.

Dave

lastvautour

1/72 Scale is good for me too. Anything will be a challenge if it's a biplane.

Lou

lastvautour

A spotter aircraft I neglected to post here is my Piper L-4 and Cessna 182. Both are 1/32 scale.

Lou