• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 20th Anniversary April Ping

Started by lastvautour, April 01, 2021, 03:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The forum continues to see large numbers of visitors. We are on track for another 2 million+ page views and will surely surpass the 10 million mark sometime next fall. I will advise when that event occurs.

The first quarter saw 16 new models from the membership. Should this trend continue, we should also be in for a spectacular year. I have included a direct link to the SMM Yearbook page. Links has been placed in the Yearbook to enable you to go directly to the members boards. Please log on and provide comments in the appropriate member's board.

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1847.0

Lou

lastvautour

Current builds include:

1/350 looking for suitable subject
1/144 Stratoliner engine nacelles being worked on and horizon tail plane attached
1/72 Vindicator in paint shop for primer
1/48 nil but a few milling in my head
1/32 Cessna 182 wings being worked on
1/32 Stearman Kaydet drawings printed and wood selected for wings
1/32 Tiger Moth wings being worked on

I like having a busy bench.

Lou

buccfan

F16 and Herc toon both in the paintshop along with armaments and tanks, both in camo scheme, could be a while!!!!! regards Paul J.

Boomerang

1/32 Sopwith Triplane - Still Languishing

1/48 CAC  CA-15 - In progress

1/60 Vought Vindicator - Simulated fabric covering just about done on wings and tail. Fuselage to come.

Cheers

Gordon

Pete1616

Well it seems as if my carving days aren't over yet. Ken Noble has offered to cut out a T33 and a Tutor for me.
Perhaps small jets will be my future carving projects.
The mosquito has wings now, engines version 3 are set to go, should be completed in a month.
Pete1616

lastvautour

buccfan

Boomerang

Great to hear Pete. Looking forward to progress updates.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Boomerang

In Australia the time is now 0630 AEST 25th April .

ANZAC Day

Marks the landing at Gallipoli in 1915 by the Australian New Zealand Army Corps.

Time to reflect on Those men and women who have served and are serving in New Zealand and Australia's Defence Forces.

Lest we forget.

Gordon

lastvautour

Pete1616

Mosquito is complete now so I foolishly decided to give it  guns. Squeezing four into 1/2" without a drill press isn't easy I found! As well arthritic fingers aren't helpful either.. 
Sometimes I wish I painted, I could cover up all my mistakes with a spray can.
Pete1616

lastvautour

Pete, now you know why I paint my models.

Lou