• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

November 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, November 03, 2019, 01:41:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

The forum continues to be viewed by a large number of people. October saw over 90,000 page views bringing our total to 6,571,873. The gallery has attained 3,631,840 images viewed.

Lou

lastvautour

Worked has resumed at Lou's shop if only a a slow pace. Sanding dust is a great concern in this house.

1/48 Mustang I - minor putty work and final sealing sanding
1/72 Blenheim Mk I - fuselage and tail plane in block form - main wing to be redone due to over zealous chisel

Lou

Plastic - 1/48 FGR2 Phantom

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Flycatcher - Rigging still to do.

CH1- still stalled.

1/60 Brewster Buffalo - Pretty much looks like a Buffalo. Working on the undercarriage , propeller and tail wheel.

1/72 Bristol Blenheim 1F - Primed wing and tail . Need to check nacelles and fuselage cross section.

Last couple of days have been spent getting some models ready for the Annual model show held locally.
I am putting in the Douglas X-3 ( time spent making a display stand). The Gribovsky G-10. The Gloucestershire Gannet and the Minimoa ( another display stand required ).
I was value adding to the Cierva c-25 ( cleaning up the speedbird, adding the cockpit coaming, adding some detail to the rotor head and a general clean up but time is agin me.

So I will finish that off when the mood takes and also upgrade ( value add) the Avro Rota ready for next year.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Continuing with the storch. Working on landing gear geometry.
Fraser

Boomerang

Looking forward to the Storch . Fraser

These are the ones I put in the Model show this morning. Pick them up tomorrow afternoon.
Lots of interesting plastic models and unfortunately old magazines with scale drawings and aircraft books for sale.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Let us hope your model spark some interest. I would be impressed.

Lou

Gearup

I had a fun comment at a plastic model display last fall. A fellow was weather detailing the wing of a large Lancaster. During the chat, I showed a picture of one of my solid models. His comment? Oh. Your a modeler, I'm just a plastic kit assembler! While he was obviously very talented and skilled with plastic models, he admired the wooden models as a totally different art. It will be interesting to hear the comments from the plastic modellers on your work at the show.

Boomerang

I hung around for a while after I put them on the table.

I wasn't in earshot but there was some finger pointing and chin rubbing.

What got 1st place was a aircraft tractor towing a mock up Mirage on a wooden box with a plaque . Celebrating a squadron leaders accumulated time on Mirages.

Second was some dinosaur head thing and second was a chameleon on a stick. I did observe the word kit on the info form.

There was also an egg plane spitfire which also had the word kit in the blurb.

Next year I'm thinking of taking a plan of something in putting some wood etc .., on it . With words like this is how it starts and a finished model of the plan with ... this is how it finishes.

We shall see.

Lots of interesting models though with high quality workmanship. Lots of Junior ( Under 18) as well.

Picked up a book on the Rogozarski IK-3 and the Horten Ho 229. ( for a long way down the track.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Well I have always looked at wood of all sizes as a kit of some kind. Depending on the piece, it could be part of a table, a musical instrument or a model of something. And sometimes it's just kindling😀
Fraser

Pete1616

At the urging of my 59 year old daughter, I joined facebook! For a while I was on a CF104 site, then I jumped to a Canadian aircraft site, all the while keeping touch with my far-flung family, Kids, grand kids, great grandkids.

While on some of the sites I noticed some very nice plastic kid builds, but no carving as we do. I did put on a Catalina, a 104, and an arrow, but got no comments.

If there is anyone familiar with facebook? I wonder if we could start a site for  solid model memories?.....any thoughts?
Pete1616