• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

October 2019 Ping

Started by lastvautour, October 01, 2019, 10:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Fall is upon us and new projects should be on the drawing board. Lets everyone know what is on your bench.

The forum had another good month with 174,146 pages viewed. The gallery continues to be popular with a total of  3,610,332 views to date.

Lou

lastvautour

The chips are not flying yet. I did unpack the 1/72 Argus and 1/32 CF-100 but my bench continues to be cluttered with all sorts of things.

Lou

Boomerang

Flycatcher - Bit of a modellers block with the eyesight required to do the rigging.

Nakajima Ki -27  - Nearly done

Brewster Buffalo Mk1 - At the clip together stage

Caproni CH - 1 - Still stalled but will definitely be finished by years end.

Bristol Blenheim Mk1 - 1/72 - Started cutting out.

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Things are a bit slow on the modelling side for the past few weeks. The weather is turning to make the indoor activities a better bet. When I get a bit more underway on the storch I'll post some more pictures.
Fraser

lastvautour

Just found two 1/48 Mustang Mk I that had completely slipped my mind. They are at the primer stage and need some final sanding before painting.

Lou

lastvautour

Took out my knife and hand planner and started work on a WWII ID Plus Twin Engine bomber.  Too early for photos.

Lou

Pete1616

After two years of CIDP....chronic inflammatory demylinating  polyneurophy, That took me from a cane to a walker to a wheelchair, i'm walking again...and carving.
I seem to have lost the touch with my knife, motor skills ,but I have a spitfire on the go. Ken Noble has been really helpful in cutting out blanks for me!
When I got this thing (it affects 3 or 4 out of 100,000) I gave away my knives, all but 3, sold all my power stuff....bummer!
Anyhow, standing at the bench I had made in the new wheelchair friendly house for a long time is difficult so it takes me longer to produce carvings.
So, i'm  in remission as there is no cure. hopefully it will last until I'm 100, then I won't care!.....Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Good to  hear from you Pete. Good luck in keeping up with the hobby.

Lou

Boomerang

Good to see you back Pete !

Cheers

Gordon

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

Gearup

Improved health is always a good story! Take care
Fraser