• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

1/60 Vought SB2U Vindicator commenced 15 Mar 2021 Completed 29 MAY 2021

Started by Boomerang, March 15, 2021, 11:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gearup

Looking great! Great use of the sharpie and bluetac for the engine mould. The wing folding will be interesting.

Fraser

buccfan

Boomerang

Thank You Fraser and Paul.

Engine attached. Tail hook made. Propeller needs more work. Started on the undercarriage.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Doesn't look like much but have made the Bomb Displacement gear with bomb using brass tube and wooden dowel.
The fins are from PVA impregnated paper with a coat of dope.

The other two "bits" are the upper undercarriage leg covers sometimes referred to as knees.
Made from paper again. Whilst wet shaped around a suitably  sized brass tube . When dry cut to shape and a coat of dope.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

buccfan

Boomerang

Thank you Lou and Paul.

Plodding onwards

Cheers

Gordon

Gearup

Wet paper and glue for compound curves. Definitely filed that one in the techniques arsenal. I guess it is essentially paper mache on a small scale.
Great idea.
Thanks,
Fraser

Boomerang

Working on all the wobbly bits for the wing fold.

Found this on the internet. I've used various bits of wire and plastic sheet. The curved bits of brass constitute the strength members.

Seems to fit together.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

buccfan

Looks great Gordon, excellent detailing on the wing stubs, regards Paul J.

Boomerang

Decals applied. Clipped together. Needs a tail wheel. More work on Main undercarriage.

Cheers

Gordon

Boomerang

Also need to do the wing fold jacks.

From what I can see on the net these were painted red.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

The wing fold mechanism really worked well. Congratulation on it successful accomplishment.

Lou

Boomerang

Thank you Lou.

Main undercarriage legs have been done with a bit of flattened copper wire the soldered in place. Arrestor hook attached.

Still need to do the tail wheel and Wing fold jacks followed by a bit of quality control.

Cheers

Gordon