Previous topic - Next topic

Boomerang

Have commenced shaping the fuselage .

Pictures to follow.

Cheers
Gordon

lastvautour

Boomerang

Most of the fuselage shaping has been done. Wing dihedral done. Slips into fuselage cut out quite well.

Random coat of primer applied.

Looks like a Buffalo.

Picture to follow in a couple of days.

Gordon

lastvautour

I tried unsuccessfully to find if the USAAF or USN flew the Buffalo in 1945. Finland was still using theirs at that time so I guess that would make it into the VE/VJ group build. Lets see some photos.

Lou

PS What drawings are you using?

Boomerang

The Buffalo is at the "looks roughly like a Buffalo " stage.

The drawings I am using come from Scale Aviation Modeller March 1997.

Picture showing magazine , drawing and model.

Cheers

Gordon

Might start cutting out the Blenheim later

lastvautour

Boomerang

Continuing on with the Buffalo.

Undecided whether to have Undercarriage down or not.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

I look forward to your progress report as I am not yet in a position to work on mine. It is like working by proxy. I await your next installment.

Lou

Gearup

I think it would be a very interesting landing gear to fabricate. It looks quite unusual :)

Boomerang

I've decoded to have a go at the undercarriage. Johny Todd did a 1/56 Buffalo which is in the Gallery.

I've applied the rib tapes on ailerons , elevators and rudder using thin strips of tape and several coats of primer.

I've marked where the wheels have to go on fuselage. I won't do anymore in this area until I've cleaned up the fuselage and cowling a bit more.

Decals have been done . Still have to print them. Will experiment with light grey printed on clear and see what happens.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Coming along nicely. The gray on clear only worked for me if I had a white background.

Lou

Boomerang

I shall experiment with the decals.

Cheers
Gordon

Boomerang

Where the Buffalo is up to. Had some molde success with the undercarriage so far.

Nothing is glued at the moment . Have to clean up the front of the cowling around the top and bottom inlets and the cowling MG's . Thinking bout how to do the propeller.

Spinner and wheels turned up on a drill using 12mm  balsa dowel.

More work needed on the undercarriage well .

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Boomerang

Been away for a while and have managed to get a few hours in on the Buffalo.

Undercarriage legs have been finished. Had to make a new starboard one as somewhere along the way it went missing.
Propeller made from 2 lamination's of 0.5 mm  plastic card . Cut out and shaped . Seemed to work . So I'm taking that as a pass.

Cleaned up the engine . Cowling needs some work.

Photo to follow

Cheers

Gordon