• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

January 2023 Ping

Started by lastvautour, January 01, 2023, 10:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Happy New Year to all.

Visitors viewed 1,761,693 pages in the forum which reflected the world situation closely and as a result was ranked third behind 2020 and 2021. Member submission resulted in 136 new topics(ranked 7th overall) and 1814 new posts(ranked 5th overall).

Totals statistics since moving the the new site in 2009 are as follows.
Total Members: 280
Total Posts: 23,053
Total Topics: 1,882
Total page views: 13,727,152

A total of 63 models submitted to date for 2022 may be at http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php?topic=1980.0 These and late submission will be included in our annual yearbook that is due out on 7 Jan 2023.

I am unable to present any historical data on the Gallery's activities other than current total numbers to date:
8,414 files in 349 albums and 17 categories with 749 comments and viewership at 4,298,680.

In closing, I thank Ray and Garet on their continued support and for creating this site. I also acknowledge  those members who submitted their models: Gordon, Pete, Fraser, John C, Jim, Mark, Johnny, Harvey and Dave. Their contributions are essential to the survival of Solid Model Memories.

It is most desired wish that more members participate in submitting topics or commenting on existing posts throughout the year.

Lou

lastvautour

Happy New Year to all members and visitors. 2022 saw my personal best in creating 40 models. This was driven by my RCAF centennial goal. I have 89 models completed and currently have nine models on my bench. They are as follows:
1/72 Argus - inactive
1/32 Otter - inactive
1/72 Digby - paint shop and minor quality control issues
1/72 Goose - subassemblies nearing completion
1/72 Battle - block form
1/72 Lysander - block form
1/144 Dash-8 - block form
1/144 Catalina - block form
Profile Shooting Star - assembled

Lou

Boomerang

Wishing everyone a happy ,prosperous and safe new year.

-BAT FK23 progressing.

- DH 71 - on hold.

I am going to commence building an 80" RC model of the AVIA Bh-3 With a completion date latest being end of June.
This is so we can go to Shepparton Mammoth scale 2023.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Wow! 80 inch model is larger than anything I have ever tried. How will you ever move it? I question the RCAF connection.

Lou

Boomerang

OoooPs meant to read RC . Motive power by a .90 four stroke.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

That makes sense. I had an Enya .35 for years but never flew anything bigger than .09 on a control line. Cox 049 was my main engine throughout my flying career.

Lou

Gearup

I gotta clear out some time to complete the Orta

lastvautour

New TBD models have just arrived.

Lou
PS, The Jan Ping got locked by accident. So, anyone who wanted to comment, please do so.