• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Comet PT-9 Build

Started by Oceaneer99, July 24, 2008, 06:25:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

I started this one before the new forum, so it seems I don't have any photos of it in the gallery yet.

This is a model of the PT-9 torpedo boat per Comet plans:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-560

This evening, I finally got those torpedo tube contractors to work!  The second of four torpedo tubes now has its initiator and wire details.

I've added a PT-9 album to my gallery:
http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/thumbnails.php?album=156

Garet

lastvautour

There is a problem with your photos. The first does not come up in the forum and the other does not come up in the gallery unless you select the large format. When can we expect the launching?

Lou

Oceaneer99

Are you still seeing problems with the photos?  They seem to be loading okay for me today.

I think I should be able to complete the PT-9 sometime this summer.  It's going to go to the top of the list after the PRU Spitfire is finished, and that is scooting along now.

I've put off other ship models because of the PT-9, and have been wanting to make some more PT-10 class boats in 1/350 scale, along with some tiny models of larger warships from plans Ray has.

Other models that I have partially complete are a Speed Spitfire and the Bristol Spaceplanes Ascender.  There is also a profile-scale RCAF plane, a stick-and-tissue Hurricane and a long-delayed plastic Yak-17.  And the child-sized kayak sort of counts on this list!  I think this is the shortest list of in-process models that I've had in quite a while.

Garet

Kenny Horne

Had the same problems to see the plans, but I got the photos.  Looks great.  Such pretty little boats.

Kenny

Oceaneer99

I was marking the deck for torpedo tube installation this evening and noticed that that good-for-nothing contractor forgot to install the initiator housing on two of the tubes.  Oh, well, at least we have the shipyard working on her again!   ;)

Garet

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

More people out of work Ray? I hired two additional contractor just to tell me how smart I am to hire contractors. So far my ego is doing quite well, but delivery dates are far in the future.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Torpedo tubes finally got installed.  But the shipyard workers drilled one hole in the wrong place, and they had to come back to fill and re-drill the hole.

lastvautour

That mis-drilling is a money maker. You have to watch those guys. Good luck with the remaining work. We long to see a recent photo.

Lou

Oceaneer99

I do owe a photo -- I'll take one of the PT-9 and another of the Soviet Spaceplane, which is nearly ready for its filler coat.

I talked with Ray, and I'll be finishing my PT-9 in the colors that Comet recommended.  Ray thinks he'll use the actual colors of the boat (quite a bit different!).

Garet

lastvautour

Looking great. The contractors did a superb job on those torpedo tubes.

Lou

Oceaneer99

Thank you, Lou.  I had a lot of help from my friends.  Ray was the one who figured out how to attach the wires with a combination of a right-angle bend into a tiny hole and drops of superglue wicking into the space between the dowel and wires.

I hadn't noticed that the grain on the cabin was showing.  Need to fix that.

Garet

lastvautour

Is this project still on the bench. I was looking in your gallery to see if the new spitfire photos had made their way to your "Key Word Spitfire" album and surfed the rest of your photos. I can upon the PT-9 and wondered about it.

Lou

lastvautour