• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2011 Solid Model Memories Model Collage

Started by lastvautour, March 03, 2012, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I have finally finished the prototype collage of the models we made during 2011. I will now go to the printers and get them to print me off a copy to see what quality we can achieve.

Lou

cliff strachan

Hi Lou, your collage represents a tremendous amount of work. It looks great. It would be nice if you could somehow get the finished product distributed broadly to gain a bit of Solid Scale promotion.
Cliff.

lastvautour

I have sent it to all the model groups I belong to. Hopefully that will generate some interest.

Lou

Jim

And so it goes...

cliff strachan

Hi Fingers.  Just to make it honest I guess that the credit for such a great college should really go to Lou, whom I'm sure you intended to address in the first place.

Cliff.

Oceaneer99

Really nice job, Lou.  I printed a color copy and put it up at my desk at work.  I work with several industrial designers who have always been interested in our work.

Garet

Balsabasher

What a good idea,beats any calender by far,it represents thousands of hours work as well,well done Lou for the promotion.
Barry.

lastvautour

I had it printed on gloss paper and card stock and both came out great. I will pass it around my friends here and may post it at the Mall, although I fear it would disappear rather quickly. Cost: $5.18 CDN. Exposure: priceless

Lou

cliff strachan

If you're taking orders you can put me down for one Lou.
Cliff.

Jim

Quote from: cliff strachan on March 05, 2012, 06:20:07 PM
Hi Fingers.  Just to make it honest I guess that the credit for such a great college should really go to Lou, whom I'm sure you intended to address in the first place.

Cliff.

Beg pardon...Lou!
And so it goes...

cliff strachan

Hi Lou, I received your collage OK as stated elsewhere. Currently having some computer problems but thought that you should know, and the group will be interested also, that I had three copies all printed out on hard poster type paper at the local Henry Armstrong's. I've yesterday managed to give them away to the Western Canada Aviation Museum and two local hobby shops. All were received with astonishing enthusiasm - even to the extent that one of the hobby shops requested that should we ever have a local meeting displaying our work they would like to be invited!  Exactly how that may come about is another story and whether or not the posters will in fact be put up is another matter.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Thank you Cliff. Let us not forget that we all participated in doing this. The more exposure we get the better chance of getting some new members who will be active participants. Let us hope for the best.

Lou

Balsabasher

I have just taken another close look at this poster and realise how beauitiful it is,really pleased to see how well received it has been and it is little wonder because the sheer variety of types and the colours of the models themselves is something else,you do realise Lou that you will be expected to produce a new one each year from now on ! just joking but what a lovely way to record our model building challenges for 2011,top marks to anyone who is distributing the odd poster to worthy bodies where our work will be admired and show just what can be achieved in wood,bravo !
Barry.

Oceaneer99

I think I have mentioned that I have the poster up at work as inspiration.

I hadn't thought of this as a means of getting the word out about our group, but it seems like it is a good vehicle for that!

Lou, in your next collage, maybe you could add our web link so people can find us on-line.  Wow!

It could say something like, "Everyone welcome, beginners to experts.  For more photos, plans, and discussions, go to http://..."

Thank you again for your outstanding work on the poster, Lou!

Garet

Balsabasher

Garet I think its success is due to the colours and the lead in for the eye to see the models as well,as they say a few pictures say a thousand words,I think that Lou has found the ideal vehicle to publicise what we are doing and a good idea about the link as well.
Barry.