• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Canadian Tiger Moth

Started by Will, May 25, 2011, 12:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will

Cliff,

Thanks for your PM the other day, I've now uploaded the Canadian Tiger Moth plan from "Aircraft of the Fighting Powers" volume 2.  I hope you and others enjoy seeing the drawing and maybe building a model - one even with skis, perhaps?

Sadly a Tiger Moth crashed the other day here in Southern England.  Both occupants were very seriously injured, the passenger (he was only 26 years old and presumably fit as an ex-Royal Marine who'd rowed the Atlantic) subsequently succumbing to his injuries.  I am not aware of the condition of the pilot, I can only hope he is recovering.

Regards
Will

cliff strachan

Thanks Will for the 3views of the Canadian version of the Tiger Moth - the DH82C as opposed to the DH82A. As I used to - with a partner - own two of them many many years ago I do plan to build a model shortly (?) with both skies and wheels. Incidentally this was in 1953 and we paid a total of $800.00 for both of them. Your plans are the first I've ever seen of the DH82C with the chief difference being the plastic canopy. Today they are very rare here in Canada whereas at one time they were very common.

Sorry to learn of the tragic accident that you have described involving a Moth in England.
Cliff