• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

3-view drawing wanted

Started by dave_t, April 11, 2010, 04:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dave_t

I am looking for a drawing of a Parnall "Heck", a 1930s British light plane, also known as the Hendy Heck.

Also, it would be nice to find a drawing of the Gipsy Six engine.

lastvautour

Good luck. Maybe Barry might have something like that.

Lou

Balsabasher

I will have a look for you Dave next visit to the collection where my extensive records are held.
Barry.

scottzepher

Evening Dave and all!

Sounded like a "between-the-wars" aircraft, so I went to the good folks at "Wings Of Peace"

http://www.wingsofpeace.net/

I've also posted some pictures to my "Clippings" albumn, and there's an article from "Flight" magazine if you're interested.  I'll have to send that direct.

Tom (aka ScottZepher)

dave_t

Tom,
   That's the one! Thanks for finding it and passing it along. This is the only group I belong to, so it seemed worth trying here first. This is the photo that stirred my interest http://www.flickr.com/photos/brizzlebornandbred/2130108477/

cliff strachan

Thanks Dave and Tom for the site with the great 3views. I've taken to "sending" them to myself and then filing such sites in my "links" category

dave_t

Quote from: cliff strachan on April 13, 2010, 04:08:19 PM
Thanks Dave and Tom for the site with the great 3views. I've taken to "sending" them to myself and then filing such sites in my "links" category

I thought this was the site with all the great 3 views. ;)

Balsabasher

Quote from: scottzepher on April 13, 2010, 12:35:23 AM
Evening Dave and all!

Sounded like a "between-the-wars" aircraft, so I went to the good folks at "Wings Of Peace"

http://www.wingsofpeace.net/

Tom where are the plans on Wings of Peace ? I looked everywhere but could only find beautiful pictures of models etc,if you can lead me to the section please.
Barry.

dave_t

Barry, I believe he is referring to the Yahoo group "Wings of Peace", an email forum where you put in a request for data, drawings or photos and other members respond if they have something. There are many members worldwide with a lot of knowledge, some of them with vast collections on civil aircraft of the '20s and '30s. You have to join to participate and if you do, expect 30+ emails per day on a variety of discussions.

Balsabasher

I see now Dave,thank you for that clarification,in fact I think that I am a member of that excellent group and seem to remember the high mail as well !
Barry.

cliff strachan

Yes Dave this is the site with all of the great 3views. But I believe that other links that members may be interested in should be posted in the "Links" section of the group.
Cliff.

lastvautour

Last month the WoP site put out 1500+ emails. I have just resubscribed to them today. That was why I had stopped being a member. Yes Barry you are a member.

Lou

Oceaneer99

I use a special e-mail account for WofP, but am nearing my limit of 9 GB, so I'll need to do some pruning.  They have 3-views and scale information of very rare planes from time to time.

Garet