• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Web Site Renewal Fundraising

Started by Oceaneer99, March 22, 2012, 02:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oceaneer99

Several people have asked me about fund-raising for renewing the web site hosting.

Keep in mind that we do not charge for access to Solid Model Memories, and it is not required that you donate to remain a member!

Last time, we raised enough money to fund 3 years of hosting, which gave us the best monthly rate.

Our current lease expires in November 2012, so it is time for us to start raising money to fund another three years.  We need about $250 ($US) for a three year renewal. Split 25 or even 10 ways, that makes for a reasonable figure for most of us.

There is a donate button on our main web page:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/

The donate button brings you to PayPal, which lets you donate electronically using your local currency.  Some members have preferred to pay by cheque in previous years.  Contact me using the forum message system if you would like to donate by cheque.  I was able to handle $US, $CAN, and £UK that way without a problem last time.  At that time, the Euro and the Pound were very strong relative to the dollar, which gave the European donations a big punch!

Thank you in advance to those who are able to donate.  For those who are unable to donate, know that we appreciate your participation, your plans, and your photos, which are just as vital for sustaining Solid Model Memories.

Thank you,
Garet (Oeaneer99)
Solid Model Memories Administrator

Oceaneer99

Hello all!

Thank you for your support of Solid Model Memories.  I wanted to give an update on our renewal fundraising.

A number of members have already donated for the next three years' renewal of the web site, raising half of the funds we need.  We need only to raise the last $125 ($US).  I will need to send the funds to our web host by mid-October.  So if you were thinking of donating but hadn't gotten around to it yet, now is the time!

There is a donate button on our main web page:

http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/

The donate button brings you to PayPal, which lets you donate electronically using your local currency.  Some members have preferred to pay by cheque in previous years.  Contact me using the forum message system if you would like to donate by cheque.  I was able to handle $US, $CAN, and £UK that way without a problem last time.  At that time, the Euro and the Pound were very strong relative to the dollar, which gave the European donations a big punch!

Thank you in advance to those who are able to donate.  For those who are unable to donate, know that we appreciate your participation, your plans, and your photos, which are just as vital for sustaining Solid Model Memories.

Thank you,
Garet (Oeaneer99)
Solid Model Memories Administrator