• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

August 2023 Ping

Started by lastvautour, August 01, 2023, 07:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A quiet Forum for July with 3 new topics, 93 new posts, and 80706 pages viewed. This brings the total to 14,511,544.  The Gallery had similar activities with 8653 views for a total of 4,385,775.
Six models were submitted for July, all by me:

1/144 Grumman Albatross

1/144 Bristol Freighter

1/144 De Havilland Canada/Grumman Tracker

1/72 Boeing Bomarc

1/72 Northrop Nomad

1/72 Avro Canuck

Please log on and comment on any builds submitted to SMM and view all 34 models created this year to date.

Lou

lastvautour

I have printed several new drawings for my 100th project. I currently have six models and one special project on my bench:

1/32 De Havilland Canada Otter- ready for a final primer coat.

1/72 Canadair Argus - fuselage top painted awaiting some masking before tackling the remainder of the aircraft. Decals were purchased last year to ensure they were available to me.

1/72 Gloster Meteor T.7 - engines and wings along with the tail feather assemblies are glued and await filler.

1/72 Barkley Grow T8P-1 - drawings printed and wood selected. The fuselage block has been laminated.

1/144 Airbus CC-295 Kingfisher - drawings printed and wood has been selected.

1/144 Vickers Wellington - drawings printed and wood selected.

1/144 Saunders-Roe Lerwick - drawings printed.

1/144 Canadair Tutor - drawings printed.

Special  - The Box Project

Lou

Boomerang

Greetings all.

Apologies for not being as prolific as usual. I have a few things happening that are occupying my mind. All good though.

Me 163 - Progressing to nearly finished stage.

BAT FK-23 - I've opened its storage box and noticed that nothing had changed . I'll put some superior magic dust in and see if that
                    pushes things along.

The annual Model show is on here in early November I have an idea to do a De Havilland DH 71 ( the first Tiger Moth) in 1/48.
Will be attempting the cockpit same as the Miles Hawk. So I'd better get a wriggle on. Basic bits have been cut out.

One of the things occupying my time is an EDF Vampire I'm building for my son. This at the shaping and finishing stage.

Cheers to all

Stay Safe.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you for the update Gordon.

Lou