• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Shame

Started by lastvautour, June 18, 2011, 11:40:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

It is with head bowed in shame that I apologize for my countrymen disgraceful conduct following the Vancouver/Boston playoff game.

I have moved the three post from the Thunderjet build as I am ashamed of having these generous comments posted there after such riotous actions in Vancouver.

Lou

Post # 1
Peter

Re: Post War Era Republic Thunderjet
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 06:18:33 PM »
Quote  Modify  Remove  Split Topic
Hey Lou,

I'm glad to here your supporting the Canucks! I'm sitting next to my three sons who are decked out in Canuck jerseys and armed with white towels to wave. Go Canucks Go! Maybe I should paint a solid in green and blue with canuck logo rondels

Enjoy the game

Peter

Post # 2
Oceaneer99
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 08:50:59 PM »
The game isn't looking pretty so far.  A Canadian radio commentator gave Seattlites "permission" to root for the Canucks, given how miserable our recent sports history has been (the Seattle Metropolitans won the Stanley cup in hockey in 1917; they last played in 1924, losing to Vancouver). 

--Garet

Post 3

Peter

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 04:58:36 PM »
Hi Garet,

Yes the Canuckle Heads played horribly in Boston. But in their 40 year history they have only won in Boston nine times. So tomorrow night is the big game, luckily its a home game! I think its great, if Seattle has some canuck fans. They're sure are enough Seahawk and Mariner fans around here! I know there was talk a few years ago about Seattle getting an NHL team. If Seattle ever does get a team, you and I will have to go together when they play the Canucks. Of course we would most likely spend the entire game talking about airplanes

dave_t

Better luck next year!

Peter

Sorry Lou for getting off topic in Thunderjet thread.

Yes the behavior of some of the so-called Canuck fans was nothing less than despicable. An estimated 100,000 people assembled at an intersection outside the arena to watch the game on a big screen TV brought in from Seattle. The city had only anticipated around 40,000 would attend. I would like to say the media had exaggerated what happened, but I'm afraid it was pretty accurate.

15 cars set on fire
8 stabbings
1 fatality, due to falling

The Vancouver City Police and the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) from other cities in the area did an outstanding job in controlling the situation which wasn't unfortunately shown by the media. Another thing that wasn't shown by the media was the 12,000 volunteers who showed up the next day to help with the clean up. The police have already made over a 150 arrests so far. The investigation so far is pointing towards an Anarchist group that wears black bandannas that has been suspected of trying to start riots in different areas of North America.

Peter

R.F.Bennett

You should bare no burden for the acts of these people Lou. You are a good man Lou., they are not. My mother used to say "There's an idiot in every crowd, and it just takes 1 to ruin it for everyone else."  :-\
"The Dude Abides"

Balsabasher

I will second that,do not beat yourself up Lou for these negative people,they are not worth it,you have great skills and knowledge something that they will never have,Ray is right.
Barry.

scottzepher

There is one bright spot to all this--that now-iconic photo of the kissing couple in the middle of the riot.  You literally have to get above it to see how it came about:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/43462625#43462625

Tom

lastvautour

Thank you Scott.

Lou