• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Sky Scooter

Started by lastvautour, December 04, 2009, 04:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Dave do you have any info on the Sky Scooter. I found a close cousin made by Thorp in 1946.

Lou

dave_t

Lou,
   I added a comment on the image that it is a Thorp T-211. Maybe the drawing represents an early prototype.

lastvautour

Must be, all other photos show a turttle deck type rear fuselage instead of the standard shown in the drawing. Still it gives a good starting point. Thanks.

Lou

dave_t

Lou,
   You could always carve it just like the drawing. I've seen quite a few light plane designs that looked better in the concept phase than the eventual production version due to the financial or aerodynamic compromises. A 1/144 model would be "cute".

lastvautour

dave_t

I recently posted a half-dozen large GIF-format drawings which I found in Model Airplane News magazines from the 1940s. Would anyone like for me to continue adding more drawings like those to the gallery in the near future?

As I mentioned before, they vary in quality and accuracy depending on the draftsman.

R.F.Bennett

As many as you like Dave, All are appreciated.  :P
"The Dude Abides"

Oceaneer99

Dave,

Yes, Dave, I'm enjoying them a great deal and would love to see more.  So many are prototypes or other rare subjects that you don't see drawings of.  I had a little bit of trouble trying to figure out whether to file them on my personal SMM hard drive as "3-views" or "Solid Model Plans".  I decided to file them under Solid Model Plans, since I periodically send copies of that directory to Ray on CD.  Besides, they were intended for modelers to make models from and have numerous details and cross sections.  Fortunately, the gallery is set up in a way that we sidestep this question, as they will eventually be moved to section of plans from books and magazines (as opposed to kit plans).

I have been collecting some Cleveland Modelmaking News magazines, which have similar drawings in them (a few were posted by another member already).  I hope to catch up with my scanning some day!

Garet

Balsabasher

Yes Dave,a big yes,I promise to turn some of these into colourful little models.
Thank you,Barry.