• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Modelcraft plans

Started by Marsh, July 17, 2017, 03:38:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marsh

Hi All,  Just to let you know, some ship plans to come. Just bought 4 plans off E Bay now in the post, will put on this site when I have time. ATB Marsh.

lastvautour

Thank you Marsh. Have you seen any fishing boat plans in your Travels? Looking for a Bruno Stillman 55.

Lou

Marsh

Lou, Sorry no plans, will keep an eye out for you. Marsh.

lastvautour

Thanks for the latest plans. I downloaded them all.

Lou

Marsh

Lou,I just love the Modelcraft plans, more so the liners. I am always on the lookout for new ones I haven't got. Marsh

lastvautour

Any ferries in those drawing. We used to have? I took a few voyages on a ship called the MV William Carson.

Lou

Marsh

Lou, No plan, but I have asked a man in Canada who has a lot of plans if he can help. We will see!
Marsh.

lastvautour

She sank fall 1977. I was posted to Goose Bay and sent my car via the Carson the previous sailing. She was carrying the beers shipment for the winter, many expensive vehicle. Losing that beer was the most tragic event of the year. Apparently she had repairs done in dry dock that summer and someone forgot to weld both sides of a hull plate. When she struck pack ice a very large hole opened up. All on board made it the the ice flow with no lost of life and were airlifted out the next day.

Lou

lastvautour

I sailed on her Feb 1974 while going to Newfoundland to court my misses. My berth was #3. Indicated by the arrow. The deck was at sea level and all I heard for the first very nervous hour ice scrapping against the hull. The sloppy repairs were done well after that time frame.

Lou