• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Morane Saulnier Type BB--Putting it together

Started by scottzepher, June 13, 2011, 11:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cliff strachan

It is truly a very nice model, Scott. And I'm very sorry about the break-in. I'm afraid though that it's a lot like moving.
For comparison purposes,  the movers have informed me that I had enough books - although I haven't been able to find some of them so I guess that they were correct?
Cliff.

Oceaneer99

I'm sorry to hear about the break-in, Scott.  Glad to see you are back in the shop!

Garet

scottzepher

Quote from: cliff strachan on July 03, 2014, 04:37:00 PM
It is truly a very nice model, Scott. And I'm very sorry about the break-in. I'm afraid though that it's a lot like moving.
For comparison purposes,  the movers have informed me that I had enough books - although I haven't been able to find some of them so I guess that they were correct?
Cliff.

O.M.G!  I would have freaked, Cliff!  I had a little over 200 books when I moved here about 10 years ago, and those were the books in my personal library, not including my wife's craft/hobby books, my kids books or the small library we had set up for the kids' homeschooling.  Books still outnumber our other so-called 'valuables.'
I am suddenly sooo thankful I supervised the move personally. 

ScottZepher

cliff strachan

Good Luck again, Scott. I'm sure you've thought of this already, but don't be like me in leaving your reading until it's too late. For a number of reasons - and I won't even tell you now (although it would be an interesting story) - now it seems by late I refer to the fact that I seem to fall asleep. So we have to model, read, exercise and work. Something like that!

Cliff. 

scottzepher

Finally have a chance to share what I've been doing with the BB recently.  Once I had the strut issues figured out, I screwed up the courage to attempt that scourge of every biplane build: RIGGING!!!! As I mentioned in the gallery pics, the 24 gauge (??) filament I used is rather difficult to capture on (ha, I was going to type film) media, but I can assure you it is there, and it is not Photoshopped onto the picture.  Man, do I pick the hard stuff!

Peter

Nicely done! How did you anchor the filament to the wings?

Peter

lastvautour

Welcome back. The Type BB looks great and that rigging does look very delicate.

Lou

scottzepher

Thank you both!  I got the idea, Peter, from my friends at "Wings Of Peace"  (Yahoo forum).  It entails securing the filament strings into the main strut holes, but while plastic models (and larger wooden ones like my SE-5a) allow for multiple holes,  I then tied the strand very carefully to the next strut, making absolutely sure I have the tension right, applying a tiny dap of cryno (AKA superglue), and so on.  Biggest problem: keeping four strands of filament from catching on every little thing while setting the fuselage struts into place. 

Boomerang

Looks great!
Well done with the rigging.

Gordon

scottzepher

scottzepher

Final assembly with wheels and nose.  I'm going to try another first with the markings: computer-printed decals!

lastvautour

Looking great Tom. Your delecate treatment on wing and fuselage ribbing came out well.

Lou