• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

June 2009 Ping!

Started by lastvautour, June 05, 2009, 12:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Pretty quiet in the Vautour basement these last few days. Nice weather, yard work, stacking fire wood etc etc etc... On the go this month:
1/144 scale
4 De Havilland/Grumman Trackers in the paint shop. Pylons and search radars installed and undercarriage constructed and painted. I will await the painting of the entire aircraft and decal before final assembly as the undercarriage is rather fragile.
HMCS Bonaventure aft flight deck about to get unique rounded edge.

1/48 Scale Nil progress on the Argus so far this month. I intend to shape the wing and tail surfaces later this month

1/32 Scale
Lockheed Starfighter rough sanding has begun as well as shaping the wing surfaces. The F-104 is currently the number one priority.

Other projects around the house include installing a new kitchen sink, replacing the clothline and making a Pagoda. At least the Pagoda is wood. On the plastic scene my 1/48 RAF Fortress II (Monogram B-17F) will be finished by Monday and work has started on 1/48 scale Hobbycraft P-51D(yuk) and my 1/48 scale ESCI F-4B Phantom II languishes on the bench.. I will post pictures to flickr when completed. Other than that, life is grand and the comradship superb.

Keep your blade sharp
Lou

R.F.Bennett

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:   

2591 files in 198 albums and 16 categories with 305 comments viewed 123855 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members:     98
Total Posts:    2255
Total Topics:    317
Total Categories:    8
Users Online:    7
Most Online:    68 - August 07, 2008, 05:36:35 PM
Online Today:    7
Total page views:    304686

Sorry I'm late. . .  :-[  ;D  :-*  :P
"The Dude Abides"

R.F.Bennett

Gents....

A bit of Hard Cheese for the start of the month. You may see the gallery shut down for a time, it has been compromised by a hacker.  >:(  We are in no danger ,knock wood, of losing it and the type of information he was probably looking for is simply not used in our gallery. Garet is hard at work backing up files and fixing the problem. We all ow him thanks for the hours of work he is going to be putting into this.

PLEASE DO NOT post any plans or comments in the gallery until we give you the OK.
This board has not been compromised and is ok to continue posting in and NO virus is involved.
The 2500+ files themselves are safe. It is the gallery program that is not functioning as it should.

Again, if there are any members out there who know PHP programing we could really use your help.
I take full responsibility for letting this happen, although I honestly don't know what I could have done to prevent it. We will keep you posted.

RFB
"The Dude Abides"

Paul

Efforts are begining to scatter: Boulton-Paul Defiant, Roland DII, Heinkel 100, Mitsubishi KI-15, Lockheed P-38F. All in 1/72nd scale.

Too bad about the Hacker, thanks Garet for cleaning up someone else's mess.

Ken Pugh

F-102 is progressing for the Century Jets cookup.

Work has restarted on the monster Hellcat.

Still on hold are wooden ship kit of Mare Nostrum by Artesania Latina, the Fireball XL-5, and the elephant from Cleveland drawings.

Ken Pugh