• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2009 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 02, 2009, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Awesome!! Had many many questions and even more compliments. Without your confidence building, I would have had the nerve to display my collection. I passed out about 20 email address slips so I hope some come to visit or even better participate in our group.

Lou

dave_t

Lou, any photos of the event?

lastvautour

Yes, I was set up in an army tent.

dave_t

You've got to be proud of that collection Lou.

Now I need to see a close-up of the Hudson. Is it finished finally? ;)

Oceaneer99

Wow, Lou, that's quite a collection on the tables!  Great work.

Garet

cliff strachan

Amazing collection and a fine presentation, Lou. Congratulations again. But, please don't ask us to identify them all again!

Cliff.

lastvautour

Dave, the Hudson is nearly finished.

Lou

Ken Pugh

Great show, Lou.  You put on a fine display and you build monsters!

I finally finished (almost) my church building that I have been concentrating on.  I presented it to my pastor today and not only found a couple of errors I need to fix but he had some suggestions that were not on the drawings he would like added.  It gets presented at a ground breaking ceremony this Sunday then I have to fix a couple of things next week.  Overall, I have 150 hours in that thing.  I will post pics in my gallery and on my project board.

Next up, some me modeling, then to finish the monster Hellcat (for the same pastor).  I want to get back into the F-102 but I have two summer projects on another forum that I would like to build, a 17th century naval battlestation and a New Bedford whaling boat, complete with all the goodies in the boat to hunt down Moby Dick himself.

Ken Pugh

cliff strachan

Lou, is that not your Hudson bomber behind the DH Comet Racer in photo one? If not yet finished it looks pretty good to me. What remains to be done?

Cliff.

Boomerang

Greetings All,

Congratulations Lou on your exhibition.Excellent work.

Not quite the end of May yet.

Still working on Gloster VI. Minor surface clean up and finishing. Still to mount on floats.
Making a kit of parts for Cierva C25.
Will post pics when I get some done.
Have started making kits of what I want to build. Work and travel committments don't allow much time.

Cheers

Gordon

Kenny Horne

Such a great collection Lou,

The Hudson is one of my favorites, and again a fantastic job,

Good work

Kenny

lastvautour

Thanks Kenny, What are you up too these days. How is that Speed Spitfire coming along?

Lou

lastvautour

A tad on the late side for May but what the heck, eh!
Posted to show you the relative size.