• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

May 2009 Ping

Started by lastvautour, May 02, 2009, 12:58:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Warm weather, sunshine, yardwork etc... etc... The drydock has gone into sleep mode due to the slow economy. Those contractors are really hit hard at this time of year. The good news is that the Lockheed Hudson is nearing completion with only props and decals to be attached. I still have to do the decals and the props require another coat of white on the spinners. The stand requires a few coats of clear shelac. Roll out should occur within two weeks. The Argus is about to get some serious attention. I have secure a 1/144 scale resin model that will guide me somewhat. The kit is not very good by my estimation, but it is the only game in town. Roll out in the late fall. The F-104 is progressing with the heavy carving being done on the fuselage and sanding has begun. The wings and tail planes remain untouched as of yet. Delivery time will be sometime in the late fall. work on the 1/144 scale Trackers will be on and off over the summer months and there is no hurry as the Bonnie work force is idle. I have selected the fuselage block for the 1/32 CF-100 and printed the drawings but no other work has been performed to date. In the none solid world, my 1/48 Monogram RAF Fortress II is nearing completion. Pics will be posted to flickr (plastic model groups) but that is another side of modeling. I guess that is all for this early "May Ping".

Lou

R.F.Bennett

PING!

STATUS REPORTS! ALL HANDS REPORT! :o

Gallery Stats:   

2484 files in 193 albums and 16 categories with 287 comments viewed 113425 times

Forum Stats:

Total Members:     89
Total Posts:    2115
Total Topics:    303
Total Categories:    8
Users Online:    2
Most Online:    68 - August 07, 2008, 05:36:35 PM
Online Today:    6
Total page views:    282862
"The Dude Abides"

R.F.Bennett

Me Flu  >:(  :-[  :-X  :-\  :P . . .
"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

I hope it is not the Heiney flu.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

Puter has been down 5 days. I banned the bad guy Lou, Tanks Doc. . .  :P
"The Dude Abides"

lmsjim

Been busy working on Strombecker Spotter Model of the B24D. Still sanding. Will post some photos when there is something to show. Also have taken my first step in true solid wood work by attempting an ID Model. Will post if it looks like anything when I finish.

Jim

Paul

More yardwork in May than carving so-far.  The recent news about Chrysler and GM got me pondering about the ghosts of car companies and what a 2010 Packard might look like.  So-far just doodling.

JeffH

I finally finished the Beechcraft 18 model and posted a couple of photos of it in my gallery.  The paint scheme choice was easy-- my all-time favorite Beech 18-- the much abused aircraft which appeared in the movie "It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World".  I wanted a model of that plane ever since I saw that movie on TV as a kid.  The pin stripes were a pain, but it was a learning experience.

lmsjim

Jeff,
That is an outstanding job. I could imagine what that pin stripping was like.

Thanks for sharing
Jim

lastvautour

Terrific Beech 18. I wish mine was a good or even half as good. Awesome work. Thanks for posting.

Lou

dave_t

I always enjoy seeing the paint-work on your models. Always inspiring. 8)

JeffH

All,

Thanks for your comments.  I posted some in-progress photos of the Beech 18 model on my project board too.

Jeff

lastvautour

Tomorrow will be my third public showing. This one is for Future Flyers and I was personally requested to display my collection. Man that feels fantastic. We are also having an airshow with the CF Snowbirds.

Lou

cliff strachan

Congratulations Lou. And enjoy the show.

Cliff.

R.F.Bennett

Give Em' ELL Lou. . .  :o  Give Em' ELL !  :P
"The Dude Abides"