• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

December 2008 PING!

Started by Oceaneer99, December 02, 2008, 12:08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Ken I believe I will also do the F-102 first. Let me know what drawings you are using.

spider web

"I've seen the light !"

After all these years of trying to get neatly organized, I'm finally getting close.
I bit the bullet and invested in six, roll about wire industrial shelves that can support 600 lbs.  Each shelf can hold three cardboard document boxes that I've loaded with all sorts of items like reference material, parts and tools.
The advantage of the using roll about shelving is that I easily push them together, saving floor space.

As for my work table/bench, that's a different story... I don't think it will ever beat neat and tidy ! ::)

R.F.Bennett

A belated Happy Holidays too all  :P  :-*  ;D
I'm still alive, Like Garet I've been snowed in, I actually got some carving done!?
The particular pain that I deal with has been much more aggravated by the cold this year than in the past.
That, coupled with how stupid the pain medication makes me has kept me pretty much useless. I find it very difficult to put two thought together that relate to each other. I'd like to thank Lou and Garet for keeping things going for us all and welcome our recent new members.
The SMM blog system is in place and is waiting for me to format it. BIG learning curve there, but I'll get it and post a link when there is something to see. I'm working on an extensive PDF of the USS Perch build and another of the YMS Prototype build. A few tool and material reviews too. I would like to do a set of plans for a more realistic Perch (SS176) and the 70' Elco MTB http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/Gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-560
The plans cost about $20.00 each on ebay, If someone would like to purchase one or both for me let me know and in exchange I will post them on the site as well as the eventual Solid Model plan and build that will result. As a sign of good faith I will be posting the plan that I am using to build the YMS in a few days. I must warn you it is LARGE so I will post it scaled to 1/148th.
I am making arrangements with a trusted member to hold the donations for next years site payment and will let you know where to send them as soon as possible. I am on Social Security Disability and have to report just about every dime that comes to me. So this way is best.
If you e-mail me, please don't be offended if I don't respond quickly, If you haven't heard from me in a week or two please re-send your e-mail. I have been known to need a week in bed now and then. I do look at my mail and the site every day so I will get the message.
Don't forget, just a few more days to nominate for Member and Model of the year.
Let the Chips Fly Gents!  ;D  :P

RFB

P.S.  Still working on a mascot and Squadron emblem. How about a cross between a flying squirrel and a woodchuck?
A SquirrelChuck?  ::)  :o
"The Dude Abides"