• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2022 June Ping

Started by lastvautour, June 01, 2022, 10:18:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

May was a good month with 11 new topics and 145 post. View for May were 189,644 for the forum and a total of 4,200,375 for the gallery.

Membership models numbered 5 and are listed as follows:

Gordon
1/72 Seahawk

Lou
1/144 Hip
1/72 Falcon
1/48 Expeditor
1/32 Gipsy Moth

Please visit SMM to see how these models were made. http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php

Lou

lastvautour

On the bench for June:
1/32 DHC-3 Otter - wood selected and fuselage laminated and shaping started.
1/48 Vickers Vedette - drawings scaled and printed
1/72 Canadair Argus - port wing top sanded for second coat of primer. I may just aim at a 31 Mar 2024 completion date
1/72 AVRO Anson - fuselage laminated and shaping started
1/144 Sikorsky H-5 Dragon fly - undercarriage attached and initial primer coat applied
1/144 Piasecki H-21 Flying Banana - undercarriage attached and initial primer coat applied
1/144 Sikorsky H-19 Choctaw - primer applied to fuselage and undercarriage under construction
1/144 Sikorsky H-34 Chickasaw - primer applied to fuselage and undercarriage under construction
1/144 Boeing Vertol Labrador - primer applied to fuselage and undercarriage under construction
1/144 Boeing Vertol Voyageur - primer applied to fuselage and undercarriage under construction

Overall, I am getting a few hours of modelling every day along with my naps. I have several other drawing and printed that have been scale and await my interest to perk up.

Lou

Boomerang

Hello All.

AW Siskin. Last week or so has been used to clean up the fuselage a bit. Oil cooler done with .4mm ply. Fuel filler out of scrap balsa and bamboo 
Skewer.

BAT FK26 - Decals printed. Need to make some struts. Pondering assembly sequence to minimise double handling.

Will update board later.

Stay safe.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Thank you for posting your progress Gordon.

Lou

lastvautour

PC major crash. Don't know result of damage. I do know I lost most of my Exel files.

Lou

Gearup

Quote from: lastvautour on June 08, 2022, 10:03:11 AM
PC major crash. Don't know result of damage. I do know I lost most of my Exel files.

Lou
Uh oh.  :( Hope you recover your files.
Fraser

Gearup

I have been working on a tutorial on an Orta Saint Hubert G-1, a Belgian design from the 1930's.

Trying to document the build in a meaningful way is a challenge. It is so easy to jump around the steps and fail to record some seemingly small detail. But it does make me think things through in a bit of order....or not.

Fraser

lastvautour

Been there Fraser. Seems easy when you look at it from the outside.

Lou