• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2022 January Ping

Started by lastvautour, January 01, 2022, 12:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Happy New Year to all SMM members and visitors. 2021 has been a hard year for many and perhaps that forced many to seek other venues of weathering the storm. To that end, Solid Model Memories has broken records for viewership. Views totaled 2.8 million bringing the overall total since its creation to 11.9 millions and daily views reached over 2300.

Model output is also a record breaking 83 with a seven day grace period for those who have yet to post their projects. New topics ranked 7th overall at 133 and new posts attained 2nd place with 2067. Overall, a very active and productive year. The yearbook is complete and awaits the 7 day grace period before being issued.

Sadly we said goodbye to Barry Clay aka Balsabasher.

A special thank you to Ray and Garet for their continued support of their creation as SMM begins its third decade of existence. Please visit http://smm.solidmodelmemories.net/SMF/index.php as your comments are always appreciated. I encourage all to promote SSM on other modelling group in an attempt to raise active participation in our hobby.

I you wish prosperity and good health for 2022.

Stay Safe

lastvautour

Happy New Year.

I surpassed my goal of 20 models to celebrate SSM's  20th anniversary with 28 models being completed and 4 addition project remaining on my bench.

Next year's goals are not set, however I have downloaded 14 drawings/plans from the WWII ID files in our gallery and have quite a few others plans from last year that did not reach production stage. Time will tell how many find their way to my workbench.

On the bench:
1/48 DH-98 Mosquito awaiting printer ink for decals
1/48 Beech King Air awaiting printer ink for decals
1/72 Douglas Boston III block form
1/350 SS Bannprince dockyard worker on strike

K_mars

Happy new year.

My goals are to create a Golden Age air racer.

This calligraphy means "I am happy with the beautiful and warm spring." This was written by my wife.
I wish you all a wonderful year.

lastvautour

Boomerang

Wishing everyone good health and happiness for the coming year.

Stay safe everyone.

On the bench so far this year .

1/32 Sopwith Triplane  - need to put it all together.

1/60 Curtiss-Wright CW-21 - Shouldn't take too long. Might make an undercarriage .

1/48 BAT FK26 - at the start stage.

Down the track I don't know. I have a few that have been cut out

Supermarine Southampton, DH Hornet, Miles Speed Six and a BAT 23 ( the location of this currently eludes me).

See how it goes.

Keep smiling , Stay cheerful and Safe.

Cheers

Gordon

Model Maker

Best wishes for a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to all!!

Hopefully this year will be a tidy up year to clear my backlog of items previously started

3 - Halifaxes
1 - F-8 Crusader
1 - F4 Phantom
1 - Mosquito
1 - Lancaster (Just started as a "rush" request.

And a partridge in a pear tree.

Hopefully my other commitments won't impede my New Year's resolution to complete