• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2001 - 2021 - 20th Anniversary July Ping

Started by lastvautour, July 01, 2021, 12:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

A full half year has gone by so quickly. The forum had over 260,000 views this past month and over 10,700,000 over the entire 20 years it has existed thanks to Ray. The membership produced 30 models to date and I hope this will be repeated in the second half of 2021.

As an aside, happy Canada Day and happy 4th of July.

Lou

lastvautour

My 20th model for the 2001 2021 Anniversary has been started.
On the bench:
1/350 Possibly SS Hannprince or the Oil Tanker Louisiana
1/72 Douglas DC-2 major components sanded and awaiting assembly.(New)
1/48 Bell Airacobra fully assembled and rough sanded.
1/32 Cessna 182 in the paint shop applying red wing panels.
1/32 Tiger Moth no progress.
AirToon A-4 completed
AirToon Bae Hawk Mk 127

1/32 Stearman Kaydet completed.
1/144 Stratoliner completed
1/72 Dewoitine D-520 completed
Lou

Boomerang

Greetings All,

1/48 Dewoitine D.501 - Propeller done . Windscreen yet to be done. Found a suitable scale pilot in bits box and he will be usurped into the cockpit. Adding various bits to fuselage front. Exhaust stubs method appeared to work.

1/60 - Meteor T7 - Quality control on finish. Still have to finalise the camera apertures.

1/48 - Wirraway - some progress made.

1/32 - Sopwith Triplane- Stalled.

Safe safe

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

You may have noticed I have not been posting at my usual rate lately. I am enjoying a few hours a day in my shop but have little worth photographing. My DC-2 is in a prolonged period of sanding and the Airacobra is just starting to get its camouflage. The Tiger Moth is still idle and I have finished repairing the Cessna 182. Next for the foreseeable future I will be finishing the DC-2, Airacobra and Cessna 182. I have a number of drawings that I have promised myself to leave alone until the current projects are done. However having said that I am half way through making a new BAe Hawk AirToon.

Lou