• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

July 2018 Ping

Started by lastvautour, July 03, 2018, 10:51:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Happy Canada Day and American Independence Day. My apologies for those whose national celebration is unknown to me. A number of inactive members have returned to the fold by logging in and providing comments.

Forum

Total Members:     262 increased of two in June
Total Posts:          16917
Total Topics:         1476
Total page views:  5246301

Gallery

8,009 files
342 albums
17 categories
743 comments

Lou

lastvautour

Half the year gone already. My production has been down from previous years with many large projects around the house. New roof, renovated bathroom, preparing for new siding on the house and fixing both front and rear decks. When you own it never ends. Regardless here are the updates with approximate times spent on each last month:

1/32 Bruno Stillman 55 - 12 hrs shaping the hull without hull lines. I have been told drawings are making their way to me.
1/350 HMCS Aurora  -  10 hrs reshaping bow and building mid ship structures. Deadline late October.
1/32 Mark V Tank  -  5 hrs installing rivets. Deadline late October.
1/32 CF-100  -  2 hrs shaping nacelles and fuselage top profile.
1/72 Argus  -  2 hrs cutting out wing and fuselage blocks. Fuselage blocks glued. I hope to double the time spent on the Argus.

Plastics

1/72 Aurora Boeing 737 - 10 hours started early 1970s finally completed. It only took 50 +- years. One should never rush these things.
1/48 Airfix Super Etendard V - 5 hrs started late 1990s.

General

Display shelves and model relocation - 20 hrs (May-June) Models dusted and sorted by era and scale. Awaiting funding to complete the project.

Lou

R.F.Bennett

"The Dude Abides"

lastvautour

Boomerang

Greetings All.

Whippet - Progressing. Hope to finish by the 8th of August. 100th Anniversary of the Battle of Amiens in which it took part.

Macchi M5- still thinking about the engine and its associated struttery. Have cleaned up the wings and tail . Still have to sort out primer overspray into cockpit.

I'll see how I am going for time. I might try a model of HMAS AE1 or 2 ( Submarines) or HMAS Parramatta (1) ( Torpedo Boat destroyer).

Should be enough to keep the grey matter ticking over.

Cheers

Gordon

lastvautour

Gordon, on my Plastic models I place wet(not soaking) tissues in the cockpits. I use a tooth pick to fill the crooks and crannies. It fill the cavities quite well and easily come out.

Lou

lastvautour

Is the  HMAS Parramatta (1) ( Torpedo Boat destroyer) designator U44? I Googled AE1 and AE2 and found the search for AE1 quite interesting and realized it must have been frustrating along the way.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAS_AE1

Lou

Boomerang

I usually do stick tissue in openings but on this occasion I got a little ahead of myself.
I'll sort it out.

HMAS  Parramatta (1) was WW1 . HMAS Parramatta (2)was WW2.

Link Parramatta 1

http://www.navy.gov.au/hmas-parramatta-i

Parramatta 2

http://www.navy.gov.au/hmas-parramatta-ii

Yes AE 1 's lost and the long search to find her is interesting. AE 2 was involved with the Gallipoli campaign.

Gordon

lastvautour

Thanks for the clarification.

Lou

lastvautour

Models built in July.

Gordon Whipett
Fingers Nieuport 28
Gordon Fokker EV/DVIII

If I forgot someone, please me know.

Lou