• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Modelcraft Explorer.

Started by Marsh, March 13, 2013, 03:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Braunlich

Looks great Marsh.  I'd be interested to know how you made the seascape or if there is an online resource you followed. 

lastvautour

Excellent case. Is the base that the ship sits on separate from the case?

Lou

Marsh

Hi, The sea is plasticine with Humbrol enamel. The base is seprate. More work on the sea after this photo.
ATB  Marsh.
http://imageshack.us/a/img16/9099/explorer001.jpg

Marsh

Just to see how it will look, funnel temp.
Marsh.

Peter

She is coming along nicely Marsh!

Peter

Marsh

lastvautour

Looks great.

The drawings show a flared bow but all photos show it with no flare-out at all. How did you do yours. I can't really see in the photos.

Lou

Marsh

Lou,    Flared, but it looked too much  (not like the photo) so I took it in a bit. Hope it's a help.
ATB  Marsh.

lastvautour

I followed the picture also. Are your hatches tinted a different colour or just awaiting paint? Marsh, please send me a close up of your mid deck area. The drawings are a bit different from the photos.

Lou

Marsh

Lou,  I just went with the plan for the mid deck area. A lot of parts just on loose to see how it will work out, made the life boats but not too happy with them (might re do). The hatches black as the plan, deck I have made gray (no info. on plan).
ATB  Marsh.

lastvautour

I have not completely made up my mind yet, but my Explorer may well be one shade of grey to fit in with my ID flotilla.

Lou

Marsh

lastvautour

Excellent display of your modelling skills Marsh. I enlarged my screen 400% for a close up view of your ship. The detail is fantastic.

Lou

Mark Braunlich

Very nice Marsh.  Thanks for shareing.

lastvautour