• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Modelcraft Explorer.

Started by Marsh, March 13, 2013, 03:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Marsh, could you post a link to the photo to enable viewing at a larger size?

Lou

Marsh

lastvautour

Marsh

cliff strachan

Hi Marsh. That really is an attractive photo. Makes one feel like "running away to sea" - or someplace anyway.
Cliff.

Marsh

Hi Cliff,  I went to sea a bit on a two day shift in one job I had (have had a lot of jobs, not much work in the NE of the UK )  + I had a small fishing boat I fitted out (21ft). Now not in the best of health and getting too old for the river Tyne (worked on it most of my life)
I have gone to sea on a lot of ships we built on the river but just for a few days at a time.
ATB  Marsh.

cliff strachan

Your work history is  probably very interesting, Marsh. Would like to hear more about it sometime. I thought that I had had quite a few jobs but actually only a few. However, I for one, can definitely relate to your "Now not in the best of health and getting too old" bit. In fact it has suddenly occured to me: where are all the guys that used to provide so many interesting remarks concerning Solids on this site? But regardlles still think those photos you submitted were great - or maybe they were great for an old codger planning for the second time around. .  .   .
Cliff.

Marsh

Hi All,  New for me I am (hope) making a case for this model, so I have to make a start with the case as I need to set the model in a sea before I go any further. Then I can take it out and work on it. Does that make sense.

Peter

She is coming along nicely Marsh. I just received the CD in the mail this morning. It took over two weeks to arrive from the UK but its here now. The CD looks completely fascinating.

Peter

lastvautour

Everything is looking great so far Marsh. The case will really set it off.

Lou

Marsh

Peter where do you live?    I can tell you that the ship in your CD was built in a shipyad I worked in (in my home town at the time) for a long time, but not in 1936 :D
Lou I hope the case will keep the dust off (we will see).
ATB  Marsh.

Peter

Hi Marsh,

I live in Vancouver on Canada's west coast. My Dad was born and raised in Liverpool and worked for PSNC and P&O. So I grew up surrounded by British shipping. My goal is to eventually build some of his favourite ships.

Peter

Marsh

Hi Peter,  Thanks for the info. That would be a good job to make some of the ships your dad was in (if you can get some plans)
I have told Lou that my brother was sent to Canada in the 2WW, he is 10 years older than me. He had to come home after the war but was never happy (he had so much in Canada).
ATB  Marsh.

Marsh

Marsh