• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Sound off

Started by lastvautour, June 10, 2014, 02:28:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

I have notice a very long quiet spell and wondered if all is well with everyone. I know we have some medical problems, and I am concerned.

Please drop off an "I am OK".

Lou

jimincal

Hi Lou
I am one of those lurkers for me I have not been on the comp. lately.  Maybe everyone busy with summer.

Jim

John Bell

Hi Lou,

I'm OK. Thinking of getting back into building solid models, maybe a Lockheed Jetstar. Home Shopping Center used to have one, based at Clearwater St. Petersburg Airport, in it's own hanger. Beautiful airplane. You could literally do brain surgery in the hanger, it was so clean in there. I suspect most Jetstars are retired now, due to high fuel consumption and noise restrictions.

John Bell

1.JaVA_LGorrit

Hi Lou,
I'm OK.
In the summer I don't spend a lot of time in the shed, sine I can smoke my pipe outside.
Currently working on a P-51B but I have some trouble attaching the main wing to the fuselage.
I will post some pictures and ask the guys here for advice.

How have you been, Lou?

Regards,

Jorrit

Peter

Hi Lou,

I'm still here, finally back on my feet. I'll have a few update photos in the next week or so.

Peter

LenJones

Hi Lou,
Work took over for a couple of years however hope to be back carving soon. Cheers Len

Balsabasher

Yes a few health blips of late Lou so you are correct,its all about energy levels when things pull you back,so checking in here to let you know,I work on the basis of every day is a bonus to get things done.
Barry.

Boomerang

Hi Lou,

I'm OK. Taking some time off work. Spending most of it at home and catching up on things in general
I'll update my board and Monthly ping later.

Cheers

Gordon

Tomac

Quote from: lastvautour on June 10, 2014, 02:28:20 PM
I have notice a very long quiet spell and wondered if all is well with everyone. I know we have some medical problems, and I am concerned.
Please drop off an "I am OK".
Lou

Still alive and well, although I've started looking for more background in aviation rather than actually building anything right now.
I've been busy collecting some old Jane's books since I had several literally fall into my hands last year. Do you know how long it takes to scan those things? I've been trying to get caught up so I can donate the books to a local aviation museum. That'll be followed by a (large) number of Model Airplane News from the 1930s and 1940s.
If anyone wants or needs whatever data I might have on any aircraft, please let me know, if I have it, I'll be happy to forward it along. Did you know that most of these magazines from the thirties had sections concerning carved models?

Regards,
John P. Braungart

Pete1616

I must sympathize with Cliff...I have arthritis as well....knees, knuckles, and left thumb....the thumb, I've come to realize is important in carving....You hold the piece using the thumb, sometimes push the knife with the thumb.....until it started hurting, I wasn't aware of how much I used it.

Rain day today, filter a batch of wine and fit engines on Wellington and Tornado, perhaps fit floats on Northrop Delta.

Curator from Canadian Warplane Heritage is coming next Monday to select a few (42 I hope) models for the museum.Ièll report next Tues......

Pete
Pete1616

lastvautour

Thank you all for responding.

buccfan

Hi Lou, I'm still here,  house renovations taking up most of my time at the moment, but getting there. Best regards Paul J.

cliff strachan

Thanks Pete for your expressions. Arthritis is  more to it than is readily apparent. But falling down - - - - , Good Grief, What next? But, again the alternative as they say isn't so great.

Cliff.