• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Wooden Wings

Started by lastvautour, December 26, 2013, 02:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Always wanted to fly on my own. The ice storm just gave me wings.

Lou

Peter

Wow Lou that is very cool!

Peter

Balsabasher

You resemble an Angel Lou,amazing picture.

Barry.

lastvautour

I hope I don't have to act like one. I like being naughty.

Lou

Balsabasher

What also came to my mind was Ikarus,remember  he flew too close to the sun and his waxed wings melted causing him to spiral in,I think its a great picture Lou.

Barry.

cliff strachan

I just about called on Lou this morning  for his advice on what to do next. I haven't seen so much snow in Winnipeg since I was a kid - and that wasn't yesterday. I drove to the Sals for coffee and read my Globe and Mail. Then it was home again - only about five blocks - where I expected to remain for the rest of the day. Fortunately, the High Pressure Area that they're forcasting for tomorrow is already upon us. What connection does all this have to do with Global Warming?

Cliff.

Balsabasher

Cliff I think that Global warming has long since vanished from the weather scene and a lot of it was hipe,there was a programme on the other evening outlining the extremes of weather we will be getting much more often than ever before in the very near future including snow and flash flooding,I think that the UK will eventually sink into the atlantic not in my time but the land errosion is getting really serious and the insurers are now setting a no go area well inland to compensate for the large claims that will be made for the damage done in recent months,we do not get snow anything like you do especially inland where I reside,and when we do everything grinds to an halt.

Barry.

Peter

Well gentlemen, the West Coast of Canada is wet (as usual) but not to cold. You are welcome to come and visit! I'm not sure what I think of global warming but the worlds weather is definitely getting more severe. Barry maybe you should carve a boat just in case!

Peter

cliff strachan

Peter, thanks for the invitation. I just might take you up on that - at least if I continue to shiver like I'm doing at the moment.
(Is the Sylvia Hotel still still there?)
Cliff.

Balsabasher

A good idea Peter,I seem to remember that somewhere the local tribes used to carve full sized boats from balsa wood trees !

Barry.