• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

Lighthouses

Started by lastvautour, July 03, 2013, 07:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Really of topic on this one. They are done, now back to solids. They are clear pine with solar lights from the Dollar Store. The railing is bamboo skewers and bamboo toothpicks.  The door and window frames are from bamboo taken from a placemat bought at the dollar store. Paint is Tremclad as they will be displayed outdoors. I elected to place this here although the first mention of them was in the Ping post.

Lou

Peter

Very impressive Lou! It's a small step from light house to a control tower for your solid model airfield. Just an idea.

Peter

lastvautour

That would work also. Thanks for the kind words.

Lou

lastvautour

Both lighthouses sold and I have two more orders to fill. Lots of complements. I will attempt to sneak a few solid models in the local farmer's market to see once again if I can peek some interest locally. I currently have two lighthouses in production and with long wait times for paint to dry I can get in some modeling time also. The misses encourages me to do lighthouses so it give me a good cover story for spending lots of time in the workshop.

Lou

Balsabasher

Beautifully fabricated Lou,I am sure they look really good when in position within your garden.
Barry.