• Welcome to Solid Model Memories.net.

2012 Model Photo Comments.

Started by lastvautour, March 31, 2012, 11:06:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lastvautour

Please place your comments in this thread.

Lou

cliff strachan

Hi Lou, This may be quibbling a bit but I got to thinking why add to today's confusion? Therefore I guess that I should point out that the caption with my Hellcat F6F-5 belongs with the F6F-3 - not the otherone. I mean should a member actually consider voting, then looking at a photo of an F6F-5 but seeing an F6F-3 as the caption depicts (or the other way around) they would be naturally confused. I know I would. (In fact I'm a little confused now.)
Cliff.

lastvautour

No doubt, things should be correctly displayed Cliff.

Lou

Balsabasher

Lou one correction,sorry to be a pest but I know you want the details correct,the ID Albacore is to 1=27th scale and not to 1=72nd,they made a series of larger models that were mostly used for gunnery practise,these were hung from wires strung across a pole arrangement and potential air gunners would fire at them via a camera gun sometimes mounted even in a turret as a pulley pulled the model forward,the results were analysed later,the Albacore represents one of these type of larger models,originals are rare as hens teeth as they probably never survived the rigours of rough handling in the field.
Barry.

lastvautour

Just Freudian slip. I meant to write 1/27.

Lou

Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

lastvautour

Please check the photo posts to ensure I got everyone's models to date.

Lou

lastvautour

As of 1 Sep we have 54 models in the album.

Lou

Peter

There will be one from me or possibly two by the end of the year.

Peter

lastvautour

lastvautour

As of this morning, 30 Dec 2012, we have 71 model photos. Please check the post to ensure I have not missed anyone's creation.

Lou

Boomerang

Lou,

The C-30 is 1/32 . Not yet finished. Horsa is still waiting decals.

Cheers

Gordon

Jim

Lou:

One addition for me:  the PBY-5. 1/100 scale.

Thanks.

jim
And so it goes...

lastvautour

Jim, I require a picture please.

Gordon, I will remove them from 2012 and await posting them to 2013

Lou

Jim

Lou:

There's pictures on my Projects board (Fingers). You can get one from there, right?

jim
And so it goes...

cliff strachan

Lou, just for your info I have downloaded four copies of your 2012 Model collage and intend to distribute them to a couple of model shops in The 'Peg.

Cliff.